GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,457 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Golem Arcana» Forums » General

Subject: How are sales going for GA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who is interested in this game(but usually waits to see how an "expandable" game is doing at the outset before committing to it) can some someone tell me if there are any indications how this game is doing post-KS launch in terms of sales?

I want to jump in but only if the game appears to have some legs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of its success, I jumped in because the game is the start of a complete new breed of board gaming.

I ALWAYS lacked the feeling of holding miniatures/counters/dice in hand when I played most computer games and translations.

You can say what you want but there is nothing more satisfying than pushing miniatures around and see them taken away from the battlefield after throwing dice on an odds table.

GA gives the exictement of playing and building small skirmish battles in 3D while having the pleasure of playing without the need of calculating up to the last digit.

I think what we see now is indeed a new kind of board games in which the iPad/Android tablets are used to bring in a LOT of elements that were difficult with a printed/map version only.

The XCOM game from Final Fantasy will bring another reflexion on this.

I think in the beginning these games will looked upon as "strange" and gimmickery, but they are simply a new kind of entertainment between boardgame and the computers being used as assistants where they are GOOD at: bookkeeping, random elements being introduced and things like Fog of War etc...

Wargames could benifit from it in a BIG way even. The tablets could be used as judges and putting players in unexpected stress situations etc ...

I am buying Xcom on release. No doubt about that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like anything else, it seems to be going gangbusters in some areas while trying to gain legs in others. So I think it depends on where you're at. However, HBS does have a lot of plans and a roadmap so I take that as a positive sign. I also keep an eye on a couple of online vendors. Watching inventory on Miniature Market, it looks like its selling through pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market does seem to sell out pretty quickly. I have looked at their numbers a few times and they have gone up and down so I think that means they have sold out and re-ordered. Looking at another on-line retailer, Amazon, gives another indication that the game seems to be selling well.

They sold out at GenCon. Per the HBS rep demo'ing (John) they were 'close' to selling out (through FunAgain) on Saturday at BGG.con.

With no idea how much product Amazon keeps in stock, though guessing they don't do things small, they currently have:

Base sets - 20
Jagara Colossi - 1
Khan's Pyre: Urugal - 5
Khan's Pyre: Zikia - 11
Khan's Pyre: Durani - 17
Khan's Pyre: Gudanna - 14
Terror of the Steppes: Gudanna - 9
Reapers of the Sands - many (no specific number listed)
Map set #1 - 9
Map set #2 - 6

FunAgain doesn't list quantities but is currently out of stock of Khan's Pyre: Zikia.

There is no data released on how many are left of the elite units that are only available through the www.golemarcana.com webstore. (Though they have said that their is stock held in reserve for when they can get international sales set up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W

Champaign
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My feeling on the subject is that it probably won't have a major local organized play scene outside of a few markets or regions that had a lot backers during the kickstarter.

I do believe that it will have a healthy presence at gaming cons, though.

That being said, if they are indeed adding in remote play at some point, that mitigates any lack of local organized play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:

I want to jump in but only if the game appears to have some legs.

It was just noted on the official Golem Arcana forums (in the emissary section) that HBS has already done a second manufacturing run of the base game. I'd say that sounds pretty encouraging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect this game to increase his popularity significantly when the company develops remote and solo plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.