Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been playing around with the BGG Games Report Generator and I noticed that it lists Nordic Countries as being able to support 4 or 5 players with an expansion. Now off the top of my head and based on a quick look around here, I can't find any expansion which claims to boost the player count of this version and since it was specifically designed for 2-3 player I rather doubt they would make one. Is there maybe a fan expansion listed somewhere which tries to do this?

Does anyone know any other reason why this game would show up under that category? Or is it just a really weird mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
If you look at the Expansion section of the information block at the top of the game page, you can see all expansions linked to the game. The India & Switzerland expansion is listed and supports 4 players (for the India map - the system doesn't know that it's listed because you can play the other map with Nordic Countries). There is also a Ukraine fan expansion which takes up to 6 players which is listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
On its own, Nordic Countries is either a two or three-player game. There aren't any official expansions for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 expands Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries. While Nordic arguably provides the best components for the Switzerland map (snow! purple trains!), it cannot support four players for the India map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I suppose it must be coming from those, although it really confused me since I wouldn't consider switzerland & India to be an 'expansion of' Nordic countries - changing the map changes far too much of the game. Still a little confused how they take it up to 5 players, though, if sw/in only goes to 4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be possible to play the Team Asia expansion with Nordic Countries as base game, although you would have a strange colour mixture, where two of the teams would have to use two colours.

The Team Asia map, however, is played with 4 or 6 players, not 4-5 so it doesn't fully answer your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
I love how everyone took a typo so seriously. :P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.