Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denneborg Michael
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Indian-Pakistan war (and other wars).
When does the player get the 2 points on the military operation scale?
Only when he looses rolling the dice? Or does he get these 2 points also when he wins rolling the dice (+ 2 VP and influence)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the military ops automatically, win or lose. You get the influence and points with a successful roll only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denneborg Michael
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
another question on wars (eg.: Iran/Irak):

Can I attack only when I have influence in Iran/Irak and the opponent has also influence in Iran/Irak? Or can I even attack, if both countries are without influence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Mitiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course !
denne wrote:

Can I attack only when I have influence in Iran/Irak and the opponent has also influence in Iran/Irak? Or can I even attack, if both countries are without influence?

Yes - there is no restriction for this. And it may happens that such a "phony war" will be initiated just for MilOps ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ioan76_TM wrote:
denne wrote:

Yes - there is no restriction for this. And it may happens that such a "phony war" will be initiated just for MilOps ...

Correct. Don't read too much into the card; just do exactly what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Wachsmuth
msg tools
mb
I've before invaded countries controlled by myself with no opposing influence, just to get mil ops/maybe 2 VPs. It's a fairly common strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
Canada
flag msg tools
We had a situation when soviet player had US-controlled Iran attack Soviet-controlled Iraq (that had 1 point of US influence). We assumed that it doesn't matter who controls attacking country, the phasing player would add his own influence in case of victory. So Iran won and converted 4/1 into 5/0 for soviets, plus some victory points. Was a funny move, but it looked legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
It not only looks legal, it is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One suggestion for you:

In the interests of making the rules forum more useful, perhaps you could change the title of this thread from the generic "rules" to something specific like "question about war cards." Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.