BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: where can I get Railroad Tycoon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r3n0
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is there anywhere left were i can get railroad tycoon for less than $60?
please PM ME!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For less than 60? No. Really there's not. You can find it in a lot of FLGSes at the moment for MSRP or whatever small discount they may charge, but with the low stock present when Eagle's stock was auctioned, MSRP is about the best you can hope to do right now. You could always trade for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a number of RT's on English ebay over the last couple of months - my mate picked it up (all completely sealed) for £20 with less than a tenner postage and I guess £30 is about $50-55. So I dunno, are there any floating around on US ebay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Salata
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it at my FLGS 3-4 days ago for MSRP $50, perhaps theres a store around you that hasn't sold off all its copies yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I bought my copy at http://www.dragontalongames.com for about $40. However, it seems the webpage is not working today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dang walmart.com used to sell them for $29.95 + $6 shipping. Those were the days. I'm still waiting for a 2nd edition though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Spoto
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those *were* the days...

I started a thread a while back, asking how to find a copy online. You can find it here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/124559

Summary: Funagain for full retail + shipping, or play craps with eBay and sketchy e-tail sites, and even then cost difference is becoming almost negligable.

So it's the sure thing vs. waiting to "get lucky" for less. Acquiring RRT has become a meta-game unto itself surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
dang walmart.com used to sell them for $29.95 + $6 shipping. Those were the days. I'm still waiting for a 2nd edition though.

I don't think that a reprint is going to happen. Here is a quote from John Bohrer (Winsome Games - avatar) on the Geeklist "Top 150 Availability (updated 7th August '06)", Item 20.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/15390

John Bohrer - Winsome Games; Item 20; Geeklist 15390 wrote:
Don't expect a reprint.

blush

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not expecting a reprint but wouldn't pay $40 for it with the warped board. The colors are fixable though on the board. Funagain still hasn't ruled out of them reprinting it though.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1036280#1036280

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if Funagain reprints them, as they would be the distributor and primary retailer it would still be unlikely to find them for dramatically under MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain doesn't have printing rights, as I understand it. The auction was only for the physical assets (i.e. leftover games in Eagle's inventory).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Railroad Tycoon is also available on the Eagle Games website (at full MSRP).

NOTE I own the Eagle Games website and I am a member of the FRED network (for which I am grateful)

WRT to the Eagle Games auction, I believe if you look at the auction description, it was for intellectual property as well (I am not positive, I do not have it in front of me). I do believe you are correct that it will not be reprinted (sadly); there are a lot of moving parts among designers, license, cost etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.