Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know what the plans are for the BoB Vassal module as Jim moves towards a Texas Arrows release in 2015.

Besides a few minor tweaks I need to make in the module overall, starting with the release of Texas Arrows I plan to remove Ghost Panzer from the base module and post existing and upcoming games in the series as extensions that can be added into the base game. This will allow me to keep the size of the main module reasonable while allowing players to add other games in the series easily, and keeping those individually smaller and better organised, yet with slightly sharper graphics.

That means there'll be a BoB Screaming Eagles base game (with updated GP-style counters), extensions for official games such as Ghost Panzer, Texas Arrows, and future series titles (Pacific, Brits, etc), additional official extensions that Jim and the Worthington team release (like, um, I don't know, maybe upcoming new scenarios?), as well as extensions for unofficial fan-made stuff (Kozure's Commonwealth counters, for example).

I will also update the module regularly as I get material in ... for example, as soon as Kozure releases GP-style British counters, they'll get added.

Feedback welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will most probably never play BoB, but as a budding Vassal module creator (although I have far too few under my belt to really compare myself to you), kudos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your hard work David. I have played the BoB module and it works like a charm. All thanks to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Clark
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a clever way to help the BoB series to evolve on Vassal. I'm pleased to see that extensions will be possible for "unofficial fan-made stuff". That is an incentive to start designing some new maps and scenarios in 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.