GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Merudo
United States
Asheville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On pages 21 of the manual, it is written that

Quote:
If at the end of the Combat Phase your Ship is in a hex without an Influence Disc, you may place a disc there.

Does this apply even if there was no battles turning the turn?

What if there were battles, but not at that hex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
This applies in both cases. Actually, it applies always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merudo
United States
Asheville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

The rule is listed under "Course of Battle" (right before "Combat Example") so it is not immediately intuitive that it applies even if no battles take place .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Edewaard
msg tools
What if the turn in question did not contain a combat phase?

If it is the beginning of the game and I explore and move into an empty hex with an interceptor, am I then allowed to place an influence disk there at the end of the combat phase? Like the OP, I assumed this was only possible in a hex in which combat took place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You most certainly can.

Just because there were no battles does not mean there was no combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are you saying then that at the end of every round, all players can choose to add influence discs to any empty hex tile that their ship(s) occupy? Wow have I been playing that wrong! I only thought they could do that free influence action after winning a battle in a hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
So are you saying then that at the end of every round, all players can choose to add influence discs to any empty hex tile that their ship(s) occupy? Wow have I been playing that wrong! I only thought they could do that free influence action after winning a battle in a hex.

Correct. You do not have to have won a battle, the hex just has to be unoccupied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hoffman
United Kingdom
London
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for answering this. I've been playing the iOS version a lot and got used to doing this as a tactic. I'm playing the board version soon and couldn't find anything in the rules to support this, but I was looking in the Upkeep section!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.