Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious if anyone has played the 2 player version of this and how that went. Did you find it fun? Is 3 or 4 much better?

take care!

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Re: Anyone played this with just 2 Players? If so, how is it
I tried it once with my wife some years ago. We both enjoyed it, there's enough interesting action and atmosphere, and I'd be happy to try again - just that our gaming time together is limited. One of my favorite games at any rate, especially if I can get three or four players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played it 2 player, and we weren't overly impressed. I think it would be a good game with more players, but with only 2 each person gets multiple animal species to control, and it becomes tricky to change the environment in a way that benefits all your animals. If your opponent changes the environment, chances are that one or more of your own animals will benefit from the change as well. Thus the goal / strategy becomes a bit muddled. The game worked, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've played with 2 players, we've used an optional rule I came up with to add some randomness to the face-down chits. "Mother Nature" affects the environment, not just the players, by putting two randomly drawn chits down every turn in spaces determined by dice throws.

It works quite well and makes a 2-player game fun.

Jude
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Excellent suggestion, Jude! Looking forward to trying it out - sounds like it would give that nice extra kick to the two-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.