Kyle Huff
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if who is ever left in an Epoch could just fill the auction track since they are the only person left who can take actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, but if the final ra tile for the epoch is drawn, the round ends immediately and they get nothing. They are also still required to spend one of their sun tokens each time they decide to take a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it can be dangerous to do so because of disaster tiles.

But usually, it behooves players to not allow one player free rein when there is lots more epoch left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Goatcabin wrote:
But usually, it behooves players to not allow one player free rein when there is lots more epoch left.

Of course, on the flip side, it's important in this game to call Ra early and often.

If you know somebody would take the set that's currently out there, call Ra.

If you think somebody would take the set that's currently out there, but you're willing to sacrifice your lowest sun for it if you're wrong, call Ra.

You want to try and get people to use their suns as early as possible, both to decrease their yield and increase your chances of getting to be the last one left and having enough time to enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I love calling lots of ra's with weak tiles to set up exactly this situation for myself.It is however a risky strategy as noted above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always said one of the best moments in gaming is hearing your opponents curse you under their breath when you call Ra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
I've always said one of the best moments in gaming is hearing your opponents curse you under their breath when you call Ra.

That's how you know when you've done it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
Yes. I love calling lots of ra's with weak tiles to set up exactly this situation for myself.It is however a risky strategy as noted above.

I always do this -- especially having a sun worth of 1, 2, or 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.