GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: War of the Ring $59.99 Reprint in stock at Cool Stuff Inc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Twu
msg tools
War of the Ring reprint in stock at Cool Stuff Inc. for $59.99.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/134877

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Not a hot deal. It's back in print.

Thank you for the notice, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Castle
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The one, the only, ...
badge
Keep calm and...MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a hot deal to me!! Thank you for posting seriously! Been waiting a while for this.

Traditional whine-fest of: "meh this isn't a hot deal mehhhhh" vs. "Hey! It's a HOT DEAL to me!", may now ensue....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
93.96 at Amazon and 33% off at CSI. Looks like a hot deal to me as well.

Thanks OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Dang, I should have sold my copy before the reprint. Its been sitting on my shelf unplayed for like 3 years. The cards are still in their shrink. It's very sad

I should check if there are any good solo variants. That's probably the only way I'll get it to the table. I guess it's too intimidating for most people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale C
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if the Lords of Middle Earth Expansion for it comes back in print that would be the best.

Edited to add-
Out of hundreds of games I have played I'd say this is in my top five, if you haven't given this a try and enjoy LOTR it is well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
^I will double my efforts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut.
badge
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Cardhaus too has it in stock, for $58.49.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/war_of_the_ring_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Charles B wrote:
For what it's worth, Cardhaus too has it in stock, for $58.49.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/war_of_the_ring_...

Shit! Now there is a hot deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlphay wrote:

Since when does "lower than the gouging price of listings from when the game was still out of print" and "same discount level the online vendor sells everything else in their inventory" qualify as a hot deal?

By that criteria we should just fill the Hot Deals forum, every day, with every reprint, or mass market release of a previous limited release, offered by all the major online vendors. Just because the games are now in print and someone tried to sell them at a premium when they weren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Pack Go!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dalec wrote:
Now if the Lords of Middle Earth Expansion for it comes back in print that would be the best.

I'm sure it will. Ares has been consistently keeping their stuff in print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
@Go_Petunias

Are these huge pictures you keep posting necessary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United States
Middleton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KGBRadioMoskow wrote:
rlphay wrote:

Since when does "lower than the gouging price of listings from when the game was still out of print" and "same discount level the online vendor sells everything else in their inventory" qualify as a hot deal?

By that criteria we should just fill the Hot Deals forum, every day, with every reprint, or mass market release of a previous limited release, offered by all the major online vendors. Just because the games are now in print and someone tried to sell them at a premium when they weren't.

Take a deep breath and count to ten. There there, doesn't that feel better now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongor62 wrote:
@Go_Petunias

Are these huge pictures you keep posting necessary?

You do realize whatever you're using to post here is connected to the internet right?

That's like asking if kitten videos on YouTube are necessary. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut.
badge
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
KGBRadioMoskow wrote:
rlphay wrote:

I get the point that a return to standard discount from MSRP doesn't exactly feel like a hot deal. On the other hand, there does seem to be a fair amount of interest in learning about the return to print of certain hot titles--especially those for which buyers have been willing to pay significant premiums.

Yes, such news could be posted to the general forum of the game in question. But, in that case, so could every legitimate hot deal as well. Perhaps there ought to be a forum specifically dedicated to announcing the return to print of hot titles. (I'd subscribe.) But until there is, I think this forum might be the best available option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there should be a wrestling match to determine this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Let's just make a new section in the forum. Keep the "Hot Deals" here and then post things like this in the "Deals that only some people think are hot" forum.

Then you can just never go in that dark corner of BGG and never have to see such abominations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Twu
msg tools
Hi guys,

Sorry if I annoyed anyone, I will post reprinted items in the general discussion/game topic forum next time and only post in hot deals if it's like 50% or more off MSRP in the future.

I was just really excited seeing it pop up as "reprinted", I was practically tripping over my keyboard to post the reprints had arrived at CSI. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
No man, this is a hot deal. The lowest it's ever been on Amazon was in 2012 and it went for $57.01. It did go for $11.20 from 3rd party but it turned out to be just the expansion, not the actual game. I bought mine in 2012 for $59.99 and that was considered a deal then. So it goes out of print, the prices start to sky rocket and then you find this for $59.99. I don't see how that is not considered a hot deal. What may have just been considered a Deal back when it was in print and still widely available, should now be considered Hot or very warm at the very least.

Anyways just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with posting this here. It is a hot deal since many have been waiting for a reprint to buy at a reasonable price.

It's worth every penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.