GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Lost Legacy: The Starship» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Rushed Review of Lost Legacy: The Starship (Smoothsmith) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to my short(ish) review! I decided to review every game I own, and seeing as that takes a while, they're kinda rushed! I tried to break things down nonetheless, and I hope you enjoy the review!

Rushed Reviews Of All My Games

Lost Legacy: The Starship/Flying Gardens

The Short Sell:
Find the mysterious Lost Legacy or straight up eliminate the opposition. Clever bluffing & deduction game with multiple, compatible standalone sets, cheap too!

Components:
16 Cards (In Each)
Blue Scoring Cubes (In Flying Gardens Only)
4 Reference Cards (In Each)
1 Tiny Tiny Rulebook (In EacH)

It's hard to fault the components here, cards are of totally reasonably quality, and that's all you need. The Flying Gardens added cubes like Love Letter have, but we never have difficulty tracking how many rounds someone's won so its' no big deal that the starship doesn't have them.

It's getting docked a point for coming in a stupid bag though =P

4/5

Setup:

- Shuffle the Cards, Deal each player 1, Place 1 in the middle of the table (face-down).

5/5

Gameplay:

Players take turns to draw a card then play a card. The aim of the game is to eliminate all other players, or work out where the Lost Legacy is in the investigation phase, which occurs when the deck runs out - At that point, a player counts up 1 through 8, and when a player has a card of that number they prove as such, then pick either their own hand, another players hand, or one card from the middle of the table - If its' the Lost Legacy they win! Simple.

Very similar gameplay to Love Letter with a fun extra investigation phase. Simple and fast, though lacking if you play with too few players (You don't reach investigation with low-player counts, which is the really fun part here).

8/10

Theme:

Like Love Letter, there's really not much of a theme. We're trying to find the Lost Legacies because reasons, and trying to do it better than everyone else, because reasons.

4/10

Variability:

None! Except...you can combine the decks from different sets. Doing so lets you swap cards around between them and create different setups, always of 16 cards, as well as allowing combining into double-size decks for higher player counts. With one set, 1/5, with multiple...

4/5

Personal:

I really like this game. It has simple gameplay and a fun deduction aspect to it. It also has expansions that are fully compatible, so you can mix-and-match to make different decks to play with, but at a simple level and in a way that impacts everyone equally (i.e. isn't 'Haha my decks better than yours'). Really cool game ^^.

7/10

Overall:

7/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.