GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Waiting for Fire & Ice? Here's something to keep you entertained... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Smith
msg tools
mb
I just launched a personal Terra Mystica game-play blog. Basically a recap of ALL the game sessions with me and my TM friends, starting with our 1st ever session with Fire & Ice.

http://dailydarkling.com/

Twitter = @DailyDarkling

My goal is to breakdown each game, have fun with the details and all the complexity that Terra Mystica features. I'm logging the games by hand - while I'm playing (which is tough!) - so the recaps won't include every single detail (like free power actions, for example), but I think TM fans might enjoy reading about our games, ESPECIALLY if you're waiting to get your hands on the expansion!

Also, I think it will be fun for more experienced players to critique our decisions, point out our mistakes, suggest other strategies. We love TM, probably played a few dozen games, but we're definitely not experts - so there's a lot we can learn. And maybe other readers can learn too.

Recapping our first game right now, featuring Ice Maidens (me), Cultists, Witches and Shapeshifters.

I hope TM folks on BGG will check it out. Let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, questions all welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the link. I have thought for a while that it would be great if there was a TM blog (and perhaps eventually an associated site) along the lines of dominionstrategy.com (but am too lazy and technologically inept to start one myself). I will be following your posts closely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Smith
msg tools
mb
Thanks. I plan on publishing at least 1 post/day from the game recaps -- hence, Daily Darkling -- but I'd like to tackle some other topics along the way.

The BGG forums have provided a lot of inspiration - I've even sourced (and attributed!) some great forum posts I've used for this blog.

The crazy part is that just a SINGLE round of Terra Mystica has so much going on - strategy changes, mistakes, hard choices. I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface, but I hope the round-by-round approach will make it easy and entertaining to follow games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW many FLGS have TM Fire and ICe, just not the OLGS guys. I found a few copies at my local ones. Great Escape and Viking hobby near Sacramento had them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, looks very interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Smith
msg tools
mb
Loving your comments already. We were sort of hoping that more experienced players would enjoy analyzing our decisions and suggesting alternatives.

Already, I'm thinking of improvements for tracking resources (end of round, beginning of next Rd action phase) so that it's more clear what each player's options are. I'll post those changes on the Daily Darkling after we tweak them.

Also, with leeches, I try and log every leech that is CENTRAL to a Faction's power - Cult / Shapeshifters / maybe Yetis (eventually) - but I'll consider doing more with that too.

Game 1 has some interesting surprises (not all good) coming up. Game 2 we encountered Yetis & Dragonlords for the first time...so, something to look forward to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.