Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that in this game to float a corporation means that a company is able to operate, after the 50% or more of the Corporation's stock has been bought.
Checking on-line the term float I have found these:
Quote:
Another term that you may encounter is 'float'. This refers to a company's shares that are freely bought and sold without restrictions in the public. Denoting the greatest proportion of stocks trading on the exchanges, the float consists of regular shares that many of us will hear or read about in the news.

Another one says:
Quote:
float
Definition 1
The number of shares of a security that are outstanding and available for trading by the public.

So I assume that to float is different in this game than in the specific financial meaning.
What another expression we can use for to float? to operate? to start operations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tamplin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Float" in 18xx games generally means that enough of the shares have been sold for the company to operate normally. In most games, a company which has not floated does not perform any operations at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.