Josh Hatton
Australia
Tamworth
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone.

We have the mechanics/mechanisms listed in each board game listing and you select from a menu. The menu does not contain the relatively new aspect of games such as Alchemists, World of Yo-Ho or XCOM where the use of digital apps are heavily integrated into the game.

I'm unsure of what this might be called. 'Digital application integration' might be one or 'Digital application requirement' for some like XCOM but I thought that this might be something we can add in to describe how the game functions.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with the games, but it sounds like this would be a category rather than a mechanic (presumably what you do with the app could correspond to one or more mechanics).

In the past there was a requirement of ~50 games that can be shown to use a new category or mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here to make exactly the same suggestion Josh.

I think a new Mechanic like "App Assisted Gameplay" is warranted to cove games like Alchemists & XCOM. I see it as an only increasingly common mechanic.

I don't think a category is appropriate - as games in many existing categories can use the same "App Assisted Gameplay" mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.