Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will teach me not to look at the box sizes before ordering.

I saw this for sale from an online seller and snatched it up before it was sold out again.

When it arrived I was shocked, the box is massive!!! I don't have a shelf it can fit on. No regrets, but wow, be warned this box is big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The size of the game is also indicative of the play value one can get from it - there's massive fun and replayability in that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Yes it is. I usually put it on the top shelf. But I try not to set other games on it too so its tricky to find a good place for it. It kind of needs its own special shelf....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has it's own shelf and I'm constantly having to remove DVD boxes from the top of it to battle the dreaded warping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
Yes. Yes it is. I usually put it on the top shelf. But I try not to set other games on it too so its tricky to find a good place for it. It kind of needs its own special shelf....
My copy has it's own private shelf in a custom made bookcase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sterling, your bespoke games shelf is nearly as good as your player
aids! , why is there 2 R&B boxes? , one next to Antiquity on its edge and the spoilt one on its own shelf?
Also, that is a lovely Crokinole board you have there, never played the game, is it "that" good ? ninja

My solution is the top of the shelf one I'm afraid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is stacked with Antiquity :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmspringer wrote:
Mine is stacked with Antiquity :-)

Same here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
tasajara wrote:

How did you get a high enough resolution picture of that alternate Neuland cover to print out poster-size?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
tasajara wrote:

Kind of a bummer that your other copy doesn't have its own shelf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malachi wrote:
Solamar wrote:
tasajara wrote:

Kind of a bummer that your other copy doesn't have its own shelf...

Yeah that's out right favouritism right there shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna E.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, exciting. That does look huge! I just got a note this morning that ours is on the FedEx truck for delivery.

Thankfully, our place has some awesome custom shelves built into the living room that has been great for game storage, but the biggest thing it's held so far is the Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition box. I wonder if this will be the first to exceed our storage ability...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, dear, I seemed to have sidetracked, but many thanks for the replies! It warms my heart!

biffta wrote:
Sterling, your bespoke games shelf is nearly as good as your player aids! , why is there 2 R&B boxes? , one next to Antiquity on its edge and the split one on its own shelf?
Thank you! Good eye there. That was my backup copy of Roads and Boats, in shrink! Yes, I got it shrinkwrapped! I had it because back when RnB was $400, I used to run it at conventions, and I could not bear to have it stolen. But I ended up selling it. I just have my well loved, bursting at the seams with extra maps edition! That, and my extra 6 Canvas prints from ArtsCow of the Michael Christopher Maps:

biffta wrote:
Also, that is a lovely Crokinole board you have there, never played the game, is it "that" good ? ninja
Yes, especially when you can get the Hilinsky brothers to custom make you a board that matches your bookcases.

Also, note the bookcase depth. Most are 12". I custom built this one at 20" depth for games such as Power Grid! See the depth!

NateStraight wrote:
How did you get a high enough resolution picture of that alternate Neuland cover to print out poster-size?
Good eye! When it was republished, I LOVED the original cover before they changed it. I wrote the artist and told him so. He was kind enough to send me a huge digital file so that I could print it! I love the feel of the cover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing though - no one talks about how big Axis & Allies is - its almost exactly the same length and width dimensions but about 1.5 inches taller....seems Ameritrash and/or older games tended to have larger box footprints as 'standard' but when newer Euros come out with these same size boxes they are considered 'huge'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Extra 6 Canvas prints from ArtsCow of the Michael Christopher Maps: (More above)
I just noticed that ArtsCow has a sale on their Canvas prints until 12/12/2014. 3 Canvas prints for $26, so all 6 of these for $52 shipped (normal total is around $200 shipped). This may not be for everyone, but if you are interested, here is the album link:
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=q2fpjrfn
Coupon Code: CANVASALE14
Expiry Date: 12 / 12 / 2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planet Steam is even bigger :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, so I'm the only one supporting the box with carefully coordinated vertical Euros?

I've an Ikea trip scheduled tomorrow for new shelving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Matt, my Magic Realm is fairly close to R&B too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Hmm, so I'm the only one supporting the box with carefully coordinated vertical Euros?

I think I could live quite happily if I were limited to only the games in that picture for the rest of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pugnax555 wrote:
tumorous wrote:

I think I could live quite happily if I were limited to only the games in that picture for the rest of my life.

Yes, good few games there to keep you going on a desert island

Roads & boats = check
Mage Knight = check
Magic realm = check
Agricola = check

...and if I'm not mistaken the very apt Robinson Crusoe is lurking in the wings.

I agree that there's some seriously good gaming and a very long beard to be had on those shelf's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna E.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, you guys were right! This box is massive. It definitely beat out Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition in size (see above), although GT still wins in weight. R&B was so big it couldn't fit on the shelf with the rest of the strategy games. At least the R&B expansion ziploc fit in the box with the base game.

Now for the punching, sorting and organizing...and oh yeah, learning how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
Funny thing though - no one talks about how big Axis & Allies is - its almost exactly the same length and width dimensions but about 1.5 inches taller....seems Ameritrash and/or older games tended to have larger box footprints as 'standard' but when newer Euros come out with these same size boxes they are considered 'huge'

And the A&A 50th Anniversary edition is WAY bigger than Roads and Boats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love studying pictures of other people's games shelves, amazing how similar they are some times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
It definitely gives my Twilight Imperium and Descent boxes a run for their money, both in box size and bits...

It's look like you have all Feld's games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.