Subject: Purchasing Tyranid forces-Clarification Please... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Luck
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, currently playing a Raid campaign as the Tyranid player, and I'm still not sure I bought my forces correctly.
When adding up the values of all 16 Tyranid blips and available Mind Slaves I could only get about 900 of the 1200 or so points I had allocated...what happens to the last 300 points? As I understand the reinforcement rules, I can keep getting reinforcement blips at no charge so they don't count against my 1200 limit...
Do I just need to buy a whole heap of Genestealer figures??
Thanks,
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Walkley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you used your Mind slave blips as Ork squads you would have 800 points used already.

The 16 Tyranid blips at 40 points each would be 640 points.

If you tried to use your 8 Mind Slave blips as Chaos Marines they would total 1200 in themselves! (8x150)

Not sure how you are calculating things, but it is easy to get 1200 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the mind slaves are the most expensive blips.
I can understand that if using only tyranid-like blips, it would be difficult to reach the points limit, but with mind slaves its certainly possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James Luck wrote:
Hi, currently playing a Raid campaign as the Tyranid player, and I'm still not sure I bought my forces correctly.
When adding up the values of all 16 Tyranid blips and available Mind Slaves I could only get about 900 of the 1200 or so points I had allocated...what happens to the last 300 points? As I understand the reinforcement rules, I can keep getting reinforcement blips at no charge so they don't count against my 1200 limit...
Do I just need to buy a whole heap of Genestealer figures??
Thanks,
J

Well if you don't want to put all your blips on the one board, you can purchase the same minis a few times. In short buy the blips and just make sure there not all placed on mini board 2. By the time they move through you should have spare minis to spend.

Yes, if you don't allocate the points they will be wasted, giving the SM player a huge advantaged. Spend those points (Remember you can recycle minis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.