Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Memoir 44 carrying case would be a better sell if they add replacement artillery pieces for the original artillery from Memoir 44, something like, for example, a 105mm and a 88pak, because the Eastern Front, and the Pacific Theatre expansions artillery is much better looking, and I am willing to pay a few dollars more to replace those units to make it a game more pleasing to the eye. I know I cannot be the only one that has a dislike for the artillery pieces!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Replaceing the old artillery with new ones!
I think in terms of Memoir '44 most folks are not really looking for historical detail in terms of the playing pieces. So in the end I don't think replacing the originals would be something most people would care about or be interested in paying more money for.

Mind you Memoir does lend itself over to improvements in the playing pieces like you suggest. I've seen a lot of people do just that. If you truly want more historical detail on your Memoir pieces you might ask at your FLGS about WW II miniatures that would fit the Memoir board. I saw at a recent convention someone had created their own over sized Memoir board and were playing with some nice pieces from Flames of War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can still find one lurking on a discount shelf somewhere, the "Mission Command: Land" game from Milton Bradley had nice hard-plastic 105mm guns with the trails open in firing position. Two colors, olive-green and tan. Being hard plastic, they are easily painted to match the German gray in M'44.

You might also contact DoW. I examined a later-issue Sherman and it feels like a harder plastic than the original release. Also, I understand that DoW readily replaces substandard pieces. If your wheels fell off, they'll send you another gun.

I repaired several of mine with gap-filling Super Glue and they haven't come apart again, even after several hundred games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
Florissant
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be willing to pay for an expansion that included units for engineers, commandos, panzergrenadiers(halftracks), tiger tanks (elite german tanks), and better artillery pieces. I really don't like having to use the markers for the special forces units. It would add a lot to the game to use unit specific miniatures and there really are not that many different units, so I think it could probably be done for the same price as the Memoir '44 game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they had different colors (that would be easy to impliment) of existing molds for the special forces, I'd buy them. Just think black german infantry to represent special forces instead of a badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reccomend looting your copies of Axis and Allies or Attack! Both give you all the plastic minis you need for that Overlord mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, the Allied and German artillery are lousy. Days of Wonder should have a recall and re-issue better quality artillery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pz V wrote:
I'd be willing to pay for an expansion that included units for engineers, commandos, panzergrenadiers(halftracks), tiger tanks (elite german tanks), and better artillery pieces. I really don't like having to use the markers for the special forces units. It would add a lot to the game to use unit specific miniatures and there really are not that many different units, so I think it could probably be done for the same price as the Memoir '44 game itself.

The equipment expansion looks to give you what you want. I has counters for Long Toms, Ski Troops, trucks, all that fun stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.