Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: D&D The Legend of Drizzt OR Legends of Andor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan M
msg tools
Guys, looking for an interesting dungeon crawler for two players.

It has to be relative fastplaying: so I came out of the following two:

D&D The Legend of Drizzt
vs
Legends of Andor

So which one should is for you the best and why?

- Ivan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know Legend of Drizzt, but if you are looking for a fast-paced dungeon crawler, Legends of Andor is likely the wrong game.
It is a puzzle/optimization game that needs heavy thinking and planning before you make your moves. Also, killing too many monsters actually causes you to lose the game. You need to very carefully figure out which monsters you absolutely have to kill and leave all others alone.
Playtime is around 1-2.5 hours, depending on the scenario, but most of the time will be spent planning, calculating, discussing and looking ahead.

These are all reasons why I absolutely love Andor, by the way. But it is neither fast-paced nor a dungeon crawler in the traditional sense (not to mention that only one of its five scenarios take place underground).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Lee
United States
Forest Hills
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered "Arcadia Quest"? It's a dungeon crawl with each person having their own team, and there's a competitive aspect to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of Andor is no dungeon crawler, but a puzzly adventure game. Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game is a fun cooperative dungeon crawler. It looks good (except the tiles) and it's definitely fast. Of the series (which includes Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game and Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game. Ashardalon has my own fancy, because it features dragons and a healing cleric.

I would recommend you to look at Gears of War: The Board Game because it's more difficult. I haven't played Galaxy Defenders, but I have been interested in that one for ages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Allwood
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greydt wrote:
Have you considered "Arcadia Quest"? It's a dungeon crawl with each person having their own team, and there's a competitive aspect to it.

Sore point! It's not yet available in many parts of the world, even to people who Kickstarted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you specifically looking to dungeon-crawl together?

If you're happy to go head-to-head, you cannot do better than Claustrophobia.

Otherwise, LoZ all the way. It's the best of the D&D Adventure System games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.