Subject: Is there a printing error on the Property tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Tuscany [+] [View All]
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was punching the Property tiles when I noticed that the lira values on the front and the back don't match for the tiles valued 5 and 7:

I looked through the rules, and the example on page 5 leads me to believe that the lira value on the front and back of the tiles should be identical - is this interpretation correct? blush (If this is in fact an error, I assume it was an oversight during layout, where the image on the back of the punch sheets should have been 'reversed'.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holgerd wrote:
I was punching the Property tiles when I noticed that the lira values on the front and the back don't match for the tiles valued 5 and 7:

I looked through the rules, and the example on page 5 leads me to believe that the lira value on the front and back of the tiles should be identical - is this interpretation correct? blush (If this is in fact an error, I assume it was an oversight during layout, where the image on the back of the punch sheets should have been 'reversed'.)

Unfortunately that looks like an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aw, crap. Oh well, it seems pretty easy to deal with in-game hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that this wasnt noticed in the proofs and/or advanxe copies.

Expecting my copy on Monday / Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
SvenVR73 wrote:
Strange that this wasnt noticed in the proofs and/or advanxe copies.

Expecting my copy on Monday / Tuesday.

Well, I guess human errors happen, especially on a game with this amount of components.

Still a little bit unfortunate for people who like owning a 'flawless' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. That is absolutely an error. I checked the proofs very carefully, but apparently not carefully enough. I'm really sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if there's any small consolation, it is only an issue for games of 4-6 players. For games with 1-3 players, you can take one of the extra tiles and swap it for one with the right value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
juanma99 wrote:
Well, if there's any small consolation, it is only an issue for games of 4-6 players. For games with 1-3 players, you can take one of the extra tiles and swap it for one with the right value.

Or, in a 2-player game, just give both players three 6-value fields. That way the fields have base game values again but can still be sold/rebought without having to swap in the correct tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm a simple sticker would appear to be a helpful fix for this, maybe draft up a image? Or maybe christmas elfs can have panda print some stickers? not sure but doesn't appear to be a huge deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel terrible about this--I was worried that it would happen, as the tiles had to align perfectly, and somehow I missed it in my proof review. I'm looking into what happened and though I can't send replacement tiles to 9000 people, I'm going to try to find a way to get them out there (maybe in KS copies of Between Two Cities).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think 2 stickers would be the best/quickest fix with new tiles being a longer term solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
I'd think 2 stickers would be the best/quickest fix with new tiles being a longer term solution.

Talk about a "Legacy" type solution!

It would be quite "tongue in cheek" stickers that actually cross out the old value like this,

$7 New price --> $5

And vice versa

You know, supply and demand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I feel terrible about this--I was worried that it would happen, as the tiles had to align perfectly, and somehow I missed it in my proof review. I'm looking into what happened and though I can't send replacement tiles to 9000 people, I'm going to try to find a way to get them out there (maybe in KS copies of Between Two Cities).

I think you mentioned that the BGG store will have some Euphoria revised cards for sale.

If so, maybe they can be included with that along with something else fun for Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
The quickest fix is getting a pencil and writing the correct values on the tiles. Yeah, that's like saying 'Jehova', but trust me it only hurts a second
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said stickers work well, especially on such a minor issue.
Splotter simply uploaded stickers to print off for an error in the latest Roads & Boats print, seriously if they are decent images you can barely tell the difference.

Here's the ones I did for R&B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I like the sticker solution, and people could fix it in other ways...it's just that I know what went into making Tuscany, and more than any other game I made, I wanted it to be pristine and perfect. You all deserve better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, provide updated tiles/stickers with the next expansion or BGG promo?

Don't only include them with another game KS, please. Unless I could pledge $1 just to get the corrected tiles/stickers for Tuscany or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thanks guys. I like the sticker solution, and people could fix it in other ways...it's just that I know what went into making Tuscany, and more than any other game I made, I wanted it to be pristine and perfect. You all deserve better.

No problem from my perspective. It's really all about the fun of the game to me. It's an incredible package regardless of this.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor: There will be no future Tuscany/Viticulture expansions. I would send them to the BGG store in addition to including them in our next game just like I did for the updated Euphoria recruit cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

it a happens i am curious if your proof copy had this error in it or not, just curious about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Connor: There will be no future Tuscany/Viticulture expansions. I would send them to the BGG store in addition to including them in our next game just like I did for the updated Euphoria recruit cards.

Seems like a great solution for all parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who hasn't got sticker sheet to hand or simply uncomfortable printing off stickers, I can do this to anyone in UK for cost of a stamp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I checked it this morning, and the proof copy had the error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Van Roeyen
Belgium
Ekeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey no worries... A sticker will solve this issue just fine.

Still very excited to receiving the game any day now, that will not be spoiled by a minor error like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sven, I appreciate your understanding. It's somewhat helpful that it's very rare for a player to buy back a property after selling it in Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.