Revolver» Forums » Rules

Subject: New questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good Day! I've played Revolver a lot and I've got some questions. Could you please answer them? I've got White goblins games English version.
Thank you in advance!

1. What should we do with the cards "Fire at will, boys", "Chew on this, gringo" and "Come on, ya no good polecats I'll take yer all on..."should we remove tham from the game or put to the discard pile?
2. How many firepower cards can be replaced by the player during his turn? One or several?
3. Bruno «Hen-house» Caple. The rules say: when this character is killed you can't play any further «peacemaker. 45 cards». Any «peacemaker. 45» cards already in play won't be discarded.
Does it mean that the Colty player can't play «peacemaker. 45» from his hand? Can he move peacemaker card which is already in the play with a help of "Saddlebags"?
4. Does "Lightning reflexes" prevent one kill of the bandit anytime during McReady's turn or during attack phase only? Can it save from the card "Get the rope, boys"?
5. Is it right that any firepower card can be moved with a help of "Saddlebags" (including "Hail of bullets" and "The Jackson Clan")?
6. Should I keep True grit token on the bandits that were saved after the derail of the train(on Cortez, for example)?
7. If the deck ends, should we include all cards from the discard pile to the new deck?(should we include "Colonel McReady card", for example?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of your answers, and many more, are in the Official FAQ. Check the files section of the game.

Snowtrooper wrote:
1. What should we do with the cards "Fire at will, boys", "Chew on this, gringo" and "Come on, ya no good polecats I'll take yer all on..."should we remove tham from the game or put to the discard pile?

Discard pile.

Snowtrooper wrote:
2. How many firepower cards can be replaced by the player during his turn? One or several?

Any number you want.

There is some debate, however, as to if you can replace a card if it's not actually improving (ie- increasing) the firepower of the card it's replacing. (which might be done just to get the effect of a really powerful card a couple times, by playing it, then replacing it (with a lower power card), then using another card to get it back from discard, and then playing it again) Personally, I play you can not replace a card with a weaker card (as stated in the official FAQ), so this move is not allowed.

Snowtrooper wrote:
3. Bruno «Hen-house» Caple. The rules say: when this character is killed you can't play any further «peacemaker. 45 cards». Any «peacemaker. 45» cards already in play won't be discarded.
Does it mean that the Colty player can't play «peacemaker. 45» from his hand? Can he move peacemaker card which is already in the play with a help of "Saddlebags"?

Right, the Colty player can not play any more Peacemakers from his hand at that point. They can only be discarded. They can still be used as payment for using another card, though. They can also still be moved to other columns with some card effects, but Saddlebags just brings the card back into your hand, which, at that point, can't be played any more.

Snowtrooper wrote:
4. Does "Lightning reflexes" prevent one kill of the bandit anytime during McReady's turn or during attack phase only? Can it save from the card "Get the rope, boys"?

Can be used any time a bandit is about to die. So yes, it can stop the Rope card.

Snowtrooper wrote:
5. Is it right that any firepower card can be moved with a help of "Saddlebags" (including "Hail of bullets" and "The Jackson Clan")?

Right.. only the Gattling Gun firepower card can't be picked up.

Snowtrooper wrote:
6. Should I keep True grit token on the bandits that were saved after the derail of the train(on Cortez, for example)?

Yes. Don't forget to suffer the loss effects of any bandits you don't save, though.

Snowtrooper wrote:
7. If the deck ends, should we include all cards from the discard pile to the new deck?(should we include "Colonel McReady card", for example?)

Yes. Side note... keep in mind, dead outlaws weren't put in the discard pile, so are never shuffled, drawn,or played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
2 questions.
Thank a lot for your reply!
I've got few final questions.

1. Let's make a conclusion. Can the firepower cards be replaced by the weaker cards or not? Are there any limitations in using firepower cards?

2. Can I move Quincey to any location? For example, can I move him from battlefield 1 to battlefield 4 if the turn marker is on location 3?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Well, if we're playing with my copy of the game, the conclusion is no. You can't put an obviously weaker card in place of a more powerful. If the new card has an effect other than just increasing its firepower (like an extra-grit hat, or allowing you to draw a card or make your opponent discard a card) then I'd say you can replace a higher firepower card with a lower. But, like I said, that's just my opinion... I don't think it's ever been officially clarified, except for the fact that the FAQ does specifically say a more powerful card, so that's good enough for me.

We'll have to wait until the designer chimes in for official word, but, truth be told, even if he does that I'll probably keep on playing my way with my copy. I think using the most powerful card in the game multiple times just by putting trash cards in its place is gaming the system too much, and a bit too overpowered. But, yeah, just imo.

2. Quincy's ability allows you to move him to the next battlefield. So, yes, you can move Quincey from battlefield 1 to 4, but it would cost you 3 discards to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
I think using the most powerful card in the game multiple times just by putting trash cards in its place is gaming the system too much, and a bit too overpowered. But, yeah, just imo.

There is not even a requirement for playing another card to replace one already in play. You can just choose to discard a card on your turn and not replace it.

Play Ned McReady, discard him, grab him from discard back to hand, play, discard and finally Shucks him back for three kills just for his when played effect and possibly fourth kill in case the lawmen outgun the gang that turn. Just picture him pulling Mel Gibson from Patriot shit, he's there, no, over there, no, behind us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yugblad, your concluding remarks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Moffett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Play Ned McReady, discard him, grab him from discard back to hand, play, discard and finally Shucks him back for three kills just for his when played effect and possibly fourth kill in case the lawmen outgun the gang that turn. Just picture him pulling Mel Gibson from Patriot shit, he's there, no, over there, no, behind us.

How? How can you grab him from the discard pile, you would need the card in your hand already 'It's about time you turned up, partner'. It that what you are referring to?

How can you discard him three times and bring him back?

Plus, it would cost you 3 cards each time (unless on the 3:15) to play him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course you need the return cards in hand, there's two of them, one that returns a card to hand ("It’s about time you turned up, partner") and "Shucks – was only a flesh wound" that puts a card from discard pile straight into play. But holding on to those cards shouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Also, Ned McReady is free at Rattlesnake Creek AND 3:15 Express, not just the latter. Plus, when you use "Shucks", the card goes straight into play, thus bypassing any to-play costs you would have to pay if played from hand. You can even discard McReady and another card to pay for Provoke Buffalo Stampede and then play "Shucks" to get McReady out, giving you nine firepower and an insta-kill for McReady entering play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.