Subject: NBN Strategy Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tiduz 99
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

New to the game and not really 100% sure on the best strategy for NBN. So far I have been “net decking” to get a feel for the game and also to understand different directions I can take.

I first played Fast Advance but regularly lost multiple agendas from R&D/HQ despite having a mixture of EtR ICE. I also regularly felt like I was a click or credit short.

I then moved to the below deck which ran more ICE and had Adonis Campaign for economy. This deck looked promising but most of the cards need advancing and I was left with barely any credits to actually score an agenda when I drew one.

Obviously part of the problem will be my ability to pilot the decks so any tips for playing NBN are welcome!

Thanks for reading.

NBN: Making News

3 Private Security Force
3 Priority Requisition
3 Astroscript Pilot Program

3 Enigma
3 Wall of Static
3 Data Raven
3 Matrix Analyzer
3 Tollbooth
3 Ice Wall
2 Rototurret

3 Anonymous Tip
3 Hedge Fund
3 Psychographics

3 Red Herrings
3 Ghost Branch
2 Aggressive Secretary
3 Adonis Campaign

I own:
1 Core
Creation and Control
Future Proof
Cyber Exodus
Humanity Shadow
True Colors
Opening Moves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you own for deck building?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Going by the above list, I'd say two or three Core sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
Economy is definitely a problem in the deck, but I don't think that Adonis is the way to solve it. That influence is much better spent either supporting your fast advance (Biotic Labor) or on an alternate win condition (Scorched Earth). Why haven't you brought in neutral econ staples like PAD Campaign and Melange Mining Corp? And for a really cheap addition in the core set, Beanstalk Royalties is just one influence from Weyland.

In my experience, Psychographics is really not useful at all if you don't put it in a dedicated Psycho-Beale with Midseason Replacements sort of deck. Getting tags to stick for any length of time in Core-only play is almost impossible.

The first thing you need to decide is what you want the deck to do. If you're going fast advance, then you need to at least include SanSan City Grid (which, with an Astro token can make even the Private Security Forces playable from hand) and Breaking News (which can always be played from hand). Heck, Breaking News is also important in a tag punishment deck to land that guaranteed tag for Scorch or Closed Accounts as well.

So anyway, if you want to mostly do fast advance with core-set-only cards, here's an idea of something I would try:

Core-Only NBN FA

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Private Security Force (Core Set)

Asset (5)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
1x Red Herrings (Core Set)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (12)
3x Anonymous Tip (Core Set)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set) •••
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set) ••
3x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (7)
1x Archer (Core Set) ••
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
3x Matrix Analyzer (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tiduz 99
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry guys I own the below:
1 Core
Creation and Control
Future Proof
Cyber Exodus
Humanity Shadow
True Colors
Opening Moves

I'm not so interested in improving the deck I posted as I am in learning some fundamentals about playing NBN.

Thank you for the replies so far.

Edit:
The fast advance deck I played had Breaking News, Astro and other cheap agendas. It also had Shipment from SanSan which was handy. Despite owning x3 SanSan City Grid I never had the credits to rez them.
Low point agendas felt like both a weakness and strength. I could usually score one from my hand on a turn but regularly lost 2 to runner multi access tricks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing the idea behind your deck is a kind of NBN mind games with all those traps. With that in mind, I'd make the following changes:

-3 Anonymous Tip
+3 Jackson Howard

This pretty much speaks for itself. Jackson gives you draw power as well as a way to hide your overdrawn/noise-milled agendas. Also, since you have a bit of a "shell-game" approach, this gives you more assets to install to fool the runner.

-3 Priority Requisition
+2 Project Beale
+2 TGTBT

Priority Requisition is awful. Your only real target for it with your current ICE list is Tollbooth and you're going to want to have that rezzed to protect your scoring server already anyway. TGTBT is a good agenda trap that gives the runner tags and is only a 1 pointer.

-2 Rototurret
+3 Popup Window

Rototurret is expensive. True, it's a shocking trap if it hits but I think the deck needs some more focus. Popup window is equally leaky ice, but it's not a bad economy ICE.

-3 Psychographics
+2 Shipment from Kaguya

As Chris mentioned above, you're not laying on enough tags without Midseasons to warrant using Psychographics. With advance-able traps, Shipment from Kaguya paired with Matrix analyzers can make the runner second guess your shell-game installs.

-3 Adonis
+3 Marked accounts
+3 Sweeps week

Sweeps week is great burst economy. It might get better with the upcoming runner cards that favour increased hand size. Marked accounts is no influence and more expensive to trash than adonis. It's more click intensive, but we're saving influence for...

+2 Scorched Earth

Tag punishment. Private Security force is good for this too, but a suprise scorch will win you more games than you might think.

And now for some deck thinning/influence balancing:
-2 Enigma
-1 Ghost Branch
-1 Aggressive secretary
-1 Red Herrings
-1 Tollbooth
-1 Wall of Static

20 ICE is actually too much. We /want/ the runner to hit our deployed traps and waste time and money trashing our drip econ.

Final tally:
NBN: Making News
-- Agenda (11 cards)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
3 Private Security Force
3 Project Beale
2 TGTBT
-- Asset (9 cards)
1 Aggressive Secretary
2 Ghost Branch
3 Jackson Howard
3 Marked Accounts
-- ICE (17 cards)
3 Data Raven
1 Enigma
3 Ice Wall
3 Matrix Analyzer
3 Pop-up Window
2 Tollbooth
2 Wall of Static
-- Operation (10 cards)
3 Hedge Fund
2 Scorched Earth
2 Shipment from Kaguya
3 Sweeps Week
-- Upgrade (2 cards)
2 Red Herrings

Edit:
Quick note, you might consider -1 Aggressive Secretary, +1 Dedicated response team. You'd need to free up 1 more influence -- probably trade an ice wall for a different ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.