GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Village @ 28.38 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Russo
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seems a lot of games getting price chopped over at Amazon, hope this qualifies for good deal :-)

Tax brings this to around $30 , this is US and you will need to add to break the $35 free ship threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Village @ 28.43
terranova wrote:
seems a lot of games getting price chopped over at Amazon, hope this qualifies for good deal :-)

Seems that it does. It was mentioned at least twice already.
This one seems priced a little lower though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted, but it's sold by Amazon and I have to pay them taxes now in Texas. $3 of taxes pretty much eats up the savings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingspud wrote:
Great, I backed this POS on Kickstarter for more than $28 and now you can get it at Amazon for $28. Typical! Now I now why I've lost interest in backing Kickstarter games! Good deals on KS don't always pan out in the end!

Village was a kickstarter game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Klein
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Still can't pull the trigger on this one, I don't know what it is about the game, but something keeps holding me back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Shih
United States
Lisle
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Demon Jim wrote:
kingspud wrote:
Great, I backed this POS on Kickstarter for more than $28 and now you can get it at Amazon for $28. Typical! Now I now why I've lost interest in backing Kickstarter games! Good deals on KS don't always pan out in the end!

Village was a kickstarter game?

News to me too... also is far from being a POS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Byrd
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingspud wrote:

If you ever back a game on Kickstarter OR buy directly from the publisher, you can almost guarantee you are paying full price. Buying from Kickstarter is NOT giving you a deal that no one else will get on the cost of the product. Secondly, Amazon is a retailer. It is called manufacturer's suggested retail price for a reason. Amazon can sell for just above cost and turn a large profit due to volume.

I paid $105 for Dark, Darker, Darkest on Kickstarter, and it regularly shows up on CSI for $40 or less. Hindsight on purchases is 20/20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You back a project on kickstarter because you want to help support the publisher and maybe get a few kickstarter only items in the process. Not because you are looking for a deal.

That is kind of like trying to find a deal on the Jack Vasel auction that just finished.

For example I backed Lagoon: Land of Druids because I wanted to help and support the publisher of that game and got the special wooden tokens in the process. I am quite pleased even though I know I would of been able to get the game much cheaper if I waited.

Now back on topic:

Village is a fantastic game. My wife got it for me earlier this year and it has become one of my favorite games. This is a great price for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to have a link to the product:

http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Minstrel-2001TTT-Village-Board/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an awesome game especially at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i keep telling myself i'll buy if it drops any lower, but then I end up waiting to see if it will drop again ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Always nice to have a link to the product:

http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Minstrel-2001TTT-Village-Board/d...
Ha! This always confuses me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Russo
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
its the unmarked graves and the whole lets go ahead and push time forward and off you for points aspect for me. Hopefully at this price will get over it ... If you have American Express there is an offer for $15 back at amazon until 12/31. You have to register at amex though and use your amex card of course.

link to slick deals notice of amex deal since I did not include link for village earlier ...

http://slickdeals.net/f/7380850-american-express-offers-amaz...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Well the game wouldn't exist if it wasn't Kickstarted, so there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
terranova wrote:
its the unmarked graves and the whole lets go ahead and push time forward and off you for points aspect for me. Hopefully at this price will get over it ... If you have American Express there is an offer for $15 back at amazon until 12/31. You have to register at amex though and use your amex card of course.

link to slick deals notice of amex deal since I did not include link for village earlier ...

http://slickdeals.net/f/7380850-american-express-offers-amaz...

I Don't see this for my amex card, i have a blue card, tho i've been thinking about upgrading that to a higher card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Russo
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe I have blue also and believe I received an email saying your offer is inside. You have to access offer from your account in amex. They might have limited the offer to a subset of customers ( maybe ones continually on amazon looking to add a nice game to push them across their free shipping threshold for a pair of socks) ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
turbodonk3y wrote:
kingspud wrote:

If you ever back a game on Kickstarter OR buy directly from the publisher, you can almost guarantee you are paying full price. Buying from Kickstarter is NOT giving you a deal that no one else will get on the cost of the product. Secondly, Amazon is a retailer. It is called manufacturer's suggested retail price for a reason. Amazon can sell for just above cost and turn a large profit due to volume.

I paid $105 for Dark, Darker, Darkest on Kickstarter, and it regularly shows up on CSI for $40 or less. Hindsight on purchases is 20/20.

Yes, I got bit on DDD also snd it really pisses me off to see it for as low as $35! Made me sick to my stomach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Sorry, I deleted my comment regarding village kickstarter because i thought this thread was talking about another Game called Villages!

My apologies to village!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my wife.
mbmbmbmbmb
PunchyD wrote:
Still can't pull the trigger on this one, I don't know what it is about the game, but something keeps holding me back.

Same here. It keeps getting bumped down on my to buy list. Maybe I've had enough of worker placement games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
porkchop_tw wrote:
PunchyD wrote:

Same here. It keeps getting bumped down on my to buy list. Maybe I've had enough of worker placement games.

Blasphemy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dropped another nickel, quick someone edit the OP before a new thread pops up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do we get excited about a game price dropping a dollar and then go eat a $12 lunch or have a $5 beer? Is it just the thrill of the bargain hunt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HopRodRye34 wrote:
Why do we get excited about a game price dropping a dollar and then go eat a $12 lunch or have a $5 beer? Is it just the thrill of the bargain hunt?

Well, some of us don't drop $12 on lunch or $5 on beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HopRodRye34 wrote:

It's more than just a thrill, it's a game in itself.

Good players excel at efficiency. The astute realize that spending less on a game is economically more efficient and will get closer to the threshold where the game's perceived value outweighs its monetary cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.