Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Adams
United States
Medina
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received LoX this week from my Secret Santa (Thanks again Santa!) and am eagerly looking forward to getting it to the table. So last night I set it up and played through a game solo to familiarize myself with the rules. And I think I have potentially found a deadlock situation.

It appears that it would be possible to have all monsters out which require a mage to kill, and to also have no cities out which provide mages. I haven't gone through the tiles and looked at all of the possibilities though.

Is this possible? Is there a rule that I overlooked that provides a way around this situation? My best guess would be to remove the last monster and city tiles placed and draw new ones. Or to just place out the next monster and city tiles. Anyone have any other ideas (if this is even possible)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if your math is right because I don't have my game but I suppose, depending on how things are printed, that you could have that situation arise. Even if that is possible, it's highly unlikely. It's not much of an issue though - just keep recruiting and clearing cities and, eventually, you will get a city out that provides a mage. No need for house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't checked if it's possible but the solution would simply be: empty the existing recruitment tiles. Eventually one will come out that has a mage and then the game would continue normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
I haven't checked if it's possible but the solution would simply be: empty the existing recruitment tiles. Eventually one will come out that has a mage and then the game would continue normal.

Indeed !!

I've played it several times and this situation is never happened, so I think you've been worrying about nothing.
Just play and enjoy !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.