Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BattleLore [+] [View All]
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if it is possible to paint the Minis that come in the BaseGame to represent two different armies; for example half of the Minis with red clothes, the other in Black or something?!?

As I understand it, the Minis are generic, and it is possible that in different Adventures (scenarios) the same Minis get used on different sides, just changing the Banner.

Is this true? Or are there enough Minis in the Box to have each half of them painted in different collors, and still play all of the Adventures?

Cheers,

Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C├ędric Rothacher
Switzerland
Langenthal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
May be I'm going to far - but if I ever should paint the minis, I think I made them 'per unit' - this means always 4 swordsmen or archers will be painted exactly the same way or three horsemen and so on. This makes sense as in middle-age each house had its own symbol - and therefore its own colors.

If you want the same color appearing on the whole front, i'd suggest to think about a good way to paint the banners somehow - because they will show, which side the unit belongs to.

Or buy two games gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd rather be gaming...
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as the info already released, it is correct that the miniatures are generic and it is true that in the BattleLore scenarios (Adventures) the same miniatures may get used on different sides by changing the banner on the banner-bearer's base.

However, as for will there be enough miniatures to paint half in different colours and still play all the scenarios, we will have to wait to view the Adventure booklet before your question can be answered. Perhaps ask this on the Blog forum at the DOW site?

- Ozvortex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozvortex wrote:
Perhaps ask this on the Blog forum at the DOW site?

Yep, I was hoping Eric would comment on this, because he occasionally drops a few vague hints here as well

cero wrote:
Or buy two games

yeah, right...shake

Thanks for the suggestions,

Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to verify, because I do not know for sure off the top of my head.
But even if you are able to play all of the adventures that come with the game while keeping troops segregated in separate camps, it will still limit what you can do later on, so I would not advise it (shy of buying two sets laugh).

Fwiw, we are currently painting one set (for our own selfish purposes), and the initial paint job does NOT differentiate between the two camps.

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich wrote:
I would not advise it (shy of buying two sets laugh).

Thanks Eric, that's what I thought...well, I'd have to buy two sets for the big Two-Board-Battles anyway, wouldn't I?

Cheers,

Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.