BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Android] Catan $2.07 (reg. $3.99) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google Play store only. Not listed on Amazon.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exozet.and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there are a TON of people in the reviews saying the app is pretty much broken...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
Unfortunately there are a TON of people in the reviews saying the app is pretty much broken...

Yep... I have it and to get it to start, half the time I need to first reboot the device. I can even start the game, play, close it, try to restart it and need to reboot. I've only encountered a handful of crashes otherwise, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I hesitated on this for the same reason but after reading through all the reviews it seems that uninstalling and reinstalling solves crash problem.

Obviously not an ideal solution, but a solution nonetheless.

I'm working through the tutorial and haven't experienced any problems.

ALSO: the expansions are on sale, but only if you buy them individually. Odd strategy by the developer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Any idea if the expansions are on sale as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't know if the android one does this, but on the xbox, the computer players pretty much treat you like the US treats Cuba - NO TRADE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't buy. I own this and it hasn't worked since the last update on my Galaxy S3 which is many months ago. Ended up buying it for $1 a year back.

Edit: Reinstalling did fix it, but I wasn't happy about needing to wipe my stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneezy96
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a chance & bought this yesterday. It crashed once, but when I reopened the app I was able to resume my game in progress. Other that that 1 glitch it has worked perfectly fine on my crappy old Razr Maxx phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
I don't know if the android one does this, but on the xbox, the computer players pretty much treat you like the US treats Cuba - NO TRADE.

Yeah, it's annoying...they squirrel away a bunch of features and scenarios until you unlock them in the campaign, and the campaign AI blatantly collaborates against you. Trading with each other all day long, but constantly stonewalling you at every opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Still on the fence with this one. I really like MP... Are there lots of MP games going on throughout the average day?

Also... anyone know the SALE price for buying all the expansion at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.