United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Sheriff take back his offer before bribes have been handed over?

That is, is it allowed for the Sheriff to give a counter-offer to not look into a player's bag, and then once the agreement has been made, but before money has been handed over, say, "never mind" and look into your bag?

This happened in our game last weekend: The Sheriff wanted to know how much I was willing to pay, so he made an offer that I accepted, and then he said no. I don't think this is explicitly against the rules, but it did seem a little sneaky for my taste. (I didn't trust a word that player told me from then on!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the sheriff hasn't snapped opened the bag, all options are still on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Or given the bag back to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have said that, until a bag is unsnapped, anything can happen. Once a bag has been unsnapped, everything stops and all decisions are final.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Void
United States
Shepherdstown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
jayahre wrote:
We have said that, until a bag is unsnapped, anything can happen. Once a bag has been unsnapped, everything stops and all decisions are final.

OR

MHindmarch wrote:
Or given the bag back to you.
... deal is also final if the sheriff hands the bag back to the owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.