GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Bill Philibin
United States
Buffalo and Syracuse (long story)
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found a use for those white cardstock inserts?

I was thinking about trying to print on them, maybe use them for quick rule sheets or point trackers.

Maybe even printing cards and cutting them down to size.

Can you think of another use for them? I have dozens of the things and I just can't seem to throw them out with the rest of the packaging!

-Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah. Right there with you OP. I found myself hanging onto a stack of them trying to think up a purpose. I actually started:

a) using them as card dividers in various card games and

b) I store all my MDM stuff in a Plano box, there is room for the cards in there, but I stuff some of the white cards above and below the game cards to help protect the corners and keep the game cards from bouncing around too much.

I have also thought about slipping one into all of my games to put a tick mark on every time I play them. It would be an easy way to track plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to use them for card dividers, but they weren't quite the right size for what I needed. A friend is prototyping a tile/card game and he wanted them so I collected them all up and passed them along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Philibin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibb wrote:
I was going to use them for card dividers, but they weren't quite the right size for what I needed. A friend is prototyping a tile/card game and he wanted them so I collected them all up and passed them along.

I know some people use cardstock and then spray adhesive to put printed material on. Maybe they would be good to make prototype cards that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Philibin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
I have also thought about slipping one into all of my games to put a tick mark on every time I play them. It would be an easy way to track plays.

Good idea... I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmb
my son and I love designing card games. I use them as blanks to write on. so much easier than cutting out paper. not seethrough. and easier to shuffle too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually currently using one as a bookmark for a Deadpool comic, oddly enough...

Otherwise, they're just kind of sitting on a desk begging to be used for something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bevan Clatworthy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Know what you mean, it just seems wrong to throw them away! Prototyping sounds like an awesome use, they seem pretty robust.

Have you tried printing on them? Any success?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueCatGames wrote:
Know what you mean, it just seems wrong to throw them away! Prototyping sounds like an awesome use, they seem pretty robust.

Have you tried printing on them? Any success?

One of the sides is kind of slick so I doubt that side would work, but the other should be ok. I don't know about printing on them with a printer though, because they're an odd size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bevan Clatworthy
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I had a go this afternoon, tried to fool the printer into pulling the small card through. Needless to say, the printer threw a wobbly leading to several nervous minutes as I pulled it back out the wrong end.

Still got sharpies I guess, plus I could always print on sticker paper and apply. The card is really robust so it'll make a really strong prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.