Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Me and my girlfriend love this game and we got to talking about the new mages coming out. here's some ability ideas we came up with. what do you all think

Paladin: 36 heath, 8 channeling, 1 armor
holy school and level 1 war school
cost three times more for dark
ability: when the paladin uses his full action to active a quick spell equipment card to himself he may take another equipment from his book and equip it to himself for its mana cost + it's level as a free action
basic attack: light melee attack for 4 dice

Siren: 32 heath, 9 channeling, 0 armor
Mind and water school
cost three times more for fire
ability: during the deployment phase she may place a water token in a space adjacent to herself or to another water marker (like the druid) fish creatures in a zone with water markers equal to or greater then their level get +1 charge and the fast trait
Basic attack: range 0-1 water attack 2 dice, 8+ causes daze

Male Forcemaster 32 health, 10 channeling, 0 armor
same schools as female forcemaster
ability: during deloyment he may spend 5 mana to gain the flying trait for the rest of the round. as a quick cast he may pay 1 mana to place a bubble marker on a creature or conjuration. creatures with a bubble marker on them may not move and can only attack the bubble marker. any amount of damage will destroy the bubble marker. conjurations with a bubble marker effects are cancalled until the bubble marker is removed
basic attack: melee 3 die attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some interesting ability sets, but I don't know how balanced they are. That Paladin would have an extremely weak late game due to lower channeling, and I don't think his early game would be strong enough to make up for that. Still, it would be interesting if they made a mage that played equipment differently than everyone else.

Letting the male Forcemaster spend mana to fly for the entire round would force everyone to include more counters to flying. If he could spend mana to gain flying for his activation, that would be fine, but avoiding attacks from every ground based melee creature would be problematic.

I'd like to see the Siren have a psychic ability in line with the idea of controlling the battlefield and forcing creatures to do things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What did you think of the male forcemaster's bubbles?

And what about a male druid
I'm picturing a really old guy who can use the vines to transport himself around the battle field but can't think of an alternative for the female wizard or nercomancer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the bubble power is probably too strong when used on big creatures. I suppose you can use a smaller creature to free the big creature, but it still seems questionable.

I'm really not sure what they're going to do with the female Wizard.

Having a version of the Druid that uses Vine markers to improve his own mobility rather than limiting his opponent's might be interesting, though I'm not sure how well that will synergize with the immobility of plants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the female wizard will have some kind of control over time. like a reroll ability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tweaking the Flying idea.

Levitation
During Upkeep phase spend 2 mana to place levitate marker on mage and gain Flying trait for current round. Each move action while levitating costs 3 mana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like it if the female necromancer focused on spirit/ghost minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.