Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

The Resistance» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF XXX: Kitchen Sink: Canceled due to lack of interest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PBF 178: Happy New Year!

Let's start off the new year with some...KITCHEN SINK AVALON! That's right, we're putting EVERYTHING in. Hold on to your mission cards, it might get a little crazy.
This game WILL NOT run any earlier than Jan. 2, 2015.

PLAYERS
This will be a ten player game. Missions will be 3/4/4/5*/5.

THEME
Nope!

THE ROLES
GOOD
MERLIN(Knows all Evil players, except Mordred)
PERCIVAL(Knows Morgana and Merlin but not which is which)
GOOD LANCELOT(Possibly switches allegiances after Mission 2)
PLAIN OLD REBEL
PLAIN OLD REBEL
PLAIN OLD REBEL


EVIL
MORGANASSASSIN(Reveals as Merlin to Percival, acts as Assassin at game end)
MORDRED(Does not reveal to Merlin)
OBERON(Does not open his eyes during the reveal phase)
EVIL LANCELOT(Does not open his eyes during the reveal phase but puts his thumb up for the other spies and Merlin, possibly switches allegiances after Mission 2)

EXTRA RULES
The Lady of the Lake: The player in seat 10 starts with The Lady of the Lake. After Missions 2, 3, and 4, whoever holds the Lady must pass it to another player who has never held the Lady. The player receiving the Lady of the Lake must reveal their allegiance(but NOT their full role) to the player using it.
Excalibur: Each proposed team must include a player(NOT the team leader) who will wield Excalibur, like so: M1.1- AAA, BBB, CCC*
The player holding Excalibur may choose, before mission cards are revealed, to use it on another player on the team. If they do so, they look at the mission card played by the targeted player and MUST swap it for the other card. FAIL cards become PASS, and vice versa.

ANYTHING ELSE I FORGOT
Changed Lancelot rules slightly; was using a seemingly unpopular variant
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Signups/Seating Order
-clydeiii
-Luds
-absnook
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Mod Stuff

Role Messages

GeekMail Links
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Results/History

Results
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Calm down there skipper, game's not over yet!


History
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Reserved
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Kitchen Sink is my fav! So in!

Although I'm wondering, don't we need Opposite Lady of the Lake too?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Hard to resist....I'll decide later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Yeah I'm in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A infinidad y más allá!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
So the Lancelots know each other from the start in this variant?

I'm not sure why the Lancelots won't be outed immediately to everyone - they'll only keep each other hidden if they think it serves their interest, and since their interests are opposite it can't be the case that both of them want to hide.

I'm in - this is going to be one bumpy ride for the good guys though! Make sure I get Excalibur on every mission - the spies will be absolutely terrified of it and throw PASSes, and with good reason since I'll be Merlin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Lances don't know each other.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Natsume wrote:
Lances don't know each other.


I was going off the rule set I found. Does evil Lance just act as a regular spy, opening his eyes as normal then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
clydeiii wrote:
Kitchen Sink is my fav! So in!

Although I'm wondering, don't we need Opposite Lady of the Lake too?


I haven't actually heard of Opposite Lady before...do you mean a Lady that gives the wrong answer, or a Lady that makes the holder show the target their allegiance? If people want either of those, there's plenty o' room in the sink, although I prefer to only use 'official' variants.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A infinidad y más allá!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
neotelesocio wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Lances don't know each other.


I was going off the rule set I found. Does evil Lance just act as a regular spy, opening his eyes as normal then?


See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3439169/Do%20Not%20Delet... for the different Lancelot rules.

In the last variation, the Lancelots know who each other are (and in this variant, you should count on the fact that everyone will know who the Lancelots are, but perhaps not the order, almost as soon as the game starts).

In the first and most common one, Evil Lance extends his thumb when the spies open their eyes, thus the spies know his identity but he doesn't know who the spies are (in case he switches). Good and Evil lancelot know nothing other than their own identities. Also, there are 5 cards (3 "No switch" cards and 2 "switch" cards) - one of them is drawn without replacement before missions 3, 4, and 5. Thus Lancelot may switch 0-2 times during the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
absnook wrote:
neotelesocio wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Lances don't know each other.


I was going off the rule set I found. Does evil Lance just act as a regular spy, opening his eyes as normal then?


See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3439169/Do%20Not%20Delet... for the different Lancelot rules.

In the last variation, the Lancelots know who each other are (and in this variant, you should count on the fact that everyone will know who the Lancelots are, but perhaps not the order, almost as soon as the game starts).

In the first and most common one, Evil Lance extends his thumb when the spies open their eyes, thus the spies know his identity but he doesn't know who the spies are (in case he switches). Good and Evil lancelot know nothing other than their own identities. Also, there are 5 cards (3 "No switch" cards and 2 "switch" cards) - one of them is drawn without replacement before missions 3, 4, and 5. Thus Lancelot may switch 0-2 times during the game.


Ahh, I remember now-- I chose the third option because it was "recommended for large groups". If the preferred version is the first, I'll switch it. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
flag msg tools
badge
A infinidad y más allá!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
neotelesocio wrote:
absnook wrote:
neotelesocio wrote:
Natsume wrote:
Lances don't know each other.


I was going off the rule set I found. Does evil Lance just act as a regular spy, opening his eyes as normal then?


See https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3439169/Do%20Not%20Delet... for the different Lancelot rules.

In the last variation, the Lancelots know who each other are (and in this variant, you should count on the fact that everyone will know who the Lancelots are, but perhaps not the order, almost as soon as the game starts).

In the first and most common one, Evil Lance extends his thumb when the spies open their eyes, thus the spies know his identity but he doesn't know who the spies are (in case he switches). Good and Evil lancelot know nothing other than their own identities. Also, there are 5 cards (3 "No switch" cards and 2 "switch" cards) - one of them is drawn without replacement before missions 3, 4, and 5. Thus Lancelot may switch 0-2 times during the game.


Ahh, I remember now-- I chose the third option because it was "recommended for large groups". If the preferred version is the first, I'll switch it. Thanks.


It's "recommended for large groups only" because it means that a Merlin candidate will likely be lost immediately, and rebels will know that there's exactly 1 spy among two people at the very start of the game, making it pro-rebel.

The major downside of it IMO is that it makes the game very one-dimensional for the Lancelot players - their only objective is to try to bluff (or not bluff) people into thinking they're the Lancelot they want to be known as.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF 178: New Year Kitchen Sink! 10P Avalon, ALL roles/variants
Well, as it seems there's not enough interest, I'm going to have to cancel this one. Sorry guys. I will however be putting up a new PBF soon using the new "Reverser" module, so we'll see how that goes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judge Neo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PBF 178: Eloh eht tibbar nwod (Reverser Module). 7p REVO EMAG! niW seipS
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darm! Was looking forward to this!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.