GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
So on page 75 it lays out how to setup armies. It talks about using the cards but it never identifies the cards for you. Which one is a force card? Which is the Core card? Which is the Faction card? Which is the Special or Upgrade cards? Eventually you put on your reading glasses and see the tiny script on the cards under the title. It would have been nice for them to have pictures showing examples in the rulebook or at least told you where to look on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core Squadron cards are the big ones (5" wide by 3.5" tall). Support/Special Cards are the smallest ones.

The regular sized cards are your detailed unit cards and the character cards. These provide all the weapon stats for the different Mecha.

This is the part of the game I like the least, the way you use the cards and the way the info is spread out isn't helpful. There are a few custom cards that fans made that are much better IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ismar2 wrote:
Core Squadron cards are the big ones (5" wide by 3.5" tall). Support/Special Cards are the smallest ones.

The regular sized cards are your detailed unit cards and the character cards. These provide all the weapon stats for the different Mecha.

This is the part of the game I like the least, the way you use the cards and the way the info is spread out isn't helpful. There are a few custom cards that fans made that are much better IMHO.

I started making ones for myself. Can you provide any links? I'd like to look at theirs (proly better than mine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this for now. I can't find the main sites URL, but I'll try and post it later.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0VSNzmthd1vSlYtU04x...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dudek
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about Kickstarter versions, but other than one special rule card and the one page in the book, there was little for the Malcontents in the retail box. Not even worth putting in book if that's all you're going to do for a 'faction'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ismar2 wrote:
Try this for now. I can't find the main sites URL, but I'll try and post it later.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0VSNzmthd1vSlYtU04x...

Wow! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Arnold
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for reposting these you guys. I've been updating them and think they are pretty much done, or rather as good as my limited skills can make them. I've also posted more stuff on the Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.