3 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: Morgan and 4th Ring Deck Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Playing my first game tomorrow, got the Saddlebag and one core set. I like the above outfits. Anyone kind enough to give me some pointers on a couple of deck builds other than those listed in the core set? Appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce O

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The easiest way is to find a few cards you like and that work together well and start building your draw structure around them. For instance with 4th Ring you could say build your structure around tens aces and jacks. You'll want to include several cards that fall under these three values perhaps 10 aces 10 Jacks and 12 10s. that will represent your draw structure (the poker hands you are trying to hit) then fill out the rest of your deck with other cards that seem to work well with them. Additionally if those filler cards are off value permanents when you get them into play your draw structure will improve and you'll be hitting four of a kind and full houses more often. If you're running hexes or gadgets running higher value cards will increase the chances of their success. Hope that helps have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't run 4th Ring unless you're running hexes, and I wouldn't run 10 aces if I'm trying to hit my hex pulls. 10s Js and Qs or Ks would be much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.