Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
On the kickstarter there was a update talking about a new edition with new art and some new cards to tie in with the digital edition, or something. Not the kickstarter itself which is a reprint.. but a NEW edition. I was expecting it to be released at essen then that didn't happen.

Dose anyone know what I am talkign about or did I dream it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't dream it, but I believe CGE said "at soonest, it'll be out for Essen 2015 if all goes well".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
waiting for 2015(ish)... worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
waiting for 2015(ish)... worth it!

I wouldn't wait. The original is absolutely phenomenal. It's a top 3 ranked game for a reason. Who knows what a new edition will bring. Granted I'll be buying it but I'm already a fan .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
I already have it from when it was originally published. In the 2014 version did they fix the VP count around the side, or is it still missing 90-99? Thought it pretty hilarious they reprinted it before with out fixing that.

Also the game wouldn't hurt to have better art. I think this "new" version is baddy needed. As there are physical errors on the board and the art looks like standard clip art from goggle image search.

It is a real shame as the game is beyond good, it is just fantastic on all levels, but it is hard to get new players excited for it at a glance.. defiantly needs new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lahiru C
Canada
Kitimat
BC - British Columbia
flag msg tools
I'm thinking of trying this game out, but it's not a high priority because I'm planning to buy some different games with shorter game times. Is it a good idea to get this on sale or wait for the new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
I already have it from when it was originally published. In the 2014 version did they fix the VP count around the side, or is it still missing 90-99? Thought it pretty hilarious they reprinted it before with out fixing that.

That error was only in the first Eagle Games printing. I have their second printing, done in 2008, which fixed the errors from the first printing including the score track, but also introduced some new errors. The third edition in 2009 fixed those errors and as far as I know there have been no errors since. This reprint without fixing errors that you speak of doesn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
regardless of taking 3 print editions to fix all its errors I still think it needs a design overhaul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the head of Eagle Games, the 2014 "Kickstarter version" is just a reprint of the 2009 version, as Kickstarter backers have confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wazzaa4u wrote:
I'm thinking of trying this game out, but it's not a high priority because I'm planning to buy some different games with shorter game times. Is it a good idea to get this on sale or wait for the new edition?

No need to wait and deprive yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I too am going to wait for a new edition of this game prior to buying. The artwork looks ugly and I'm really hope that a more premium edition will be released now that interest in the game is high once again. The digital version should help them take the artwork in a newer/better direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaleim wrote:
I too am going to wait for a new edition of this game prior to buying. The artwork looks ugly and I'm really hope that a more premium edition will be released now that interest in the game is high once again. The digital version should help them take the artwork in a newer/better direction.

Interest in the game has been high for 8 years, and is no higher now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
Interest in the game has been high for 8 years, and is no higher now...
Maybe not at the time of this post, but it's certainly getting more interest now as details of the new version start to leak out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, although I have to say I'm ambivalent about half the changes and dislike the other half based on what I know so far.

I'm certainly not seeing a reason to rebuy a game that's pretty perfect for me as is. I may try and grab one of your demo slots at Expo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
where is all this information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in these forums...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Kelanen wrote:
Here in these forums...

yeah I found it

• New Art
• easier play tactic cards
• Military cards are now discarded at the end of the turn
• Now is possible to upgrade from temples to theatres
• Now Corruption is before production

I really hope the boards are not final they look pretty bad... Also I see this in a lot of games, all they need to do is add a little more space and the cards wouldn't all bunch up like that. , but I like the new cards and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The boards are not final.

They are also tweaking a lot of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather have expansions for the current game than another version to buy all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.