United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing you cannot play a card to your tableau or change the rules if neither lead you to be winning?

In that case you don't play a card at all and just fold? Or do you play something and then determine you lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't play anything. Playing a card to your tableau wouldn't make any difference to anything anyway, as your tableau is discarded once you're out of a round. But you don't get to discard a rule-change on your way out either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
repthrd wrote:
I am guessing you cannot play a card to your tableau or change the rules if neither lead you to be winning?

In that case you don't play a card at all and just fold? Or do you play something and then determine you lose.

You can play a card to your tableau and not be winning.
You cannot play a card to change the rules if you aren't immediately winning though.

This only ends up mattering when you are playing a 3 hoping to draw a card that you could play as a rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yeah, I never play with the 1/3/5/7 actions so didn't factor that in to my answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
repthrd wrote:

You can play a card to your tableau and not be winning.
You cannot play a card to change the rules if you aren't immediately winning though.

This only ends up mattering when you are playing a 3 hoping to draw a card that you could play as a rule.

There are other scenarios where it matters, but they are very situational.

Example: Rule is most cards below 4. Your palette is 4/4. Your opponent's palette is 5/2.

You have a Red card (let's say a 5) and a 6 (also, let's say, Red). You want to change the rule to Red (highest card) but you cannot change the rule with the palettes being as they are because you would not be winning.

You can play a Red 5 or Red 6 to your palette although you are not immediately winning after you play it. This is why only one of the two card plays (rule change, not palette) is tied to the immediate lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.