tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules for Auctioning Factions wrote:
Put all of the Faction tokens in the cloth bag and shuffle them. Then draw from the bag a number of Faction tokens equal to the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoted from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag
A bag (also known regionally as a sack) is a common tool in the form of a non-rigid container. The use of bags predates recorded history, with the earliest bags being no more than lengths of animal skin or woven plant fibers, folded up at the edges and secured in that shape with strings of the same material.[1] Despite their simplicity, bags have been fundamental for the development of human civilization, as they allow people to easily collect loose materials such as berries or food grains, and to transport more items than could readily by carried in the hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question was, "What is the use of the cloth bag?" Not, "What is a bag?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got Terry Mystica in the first place, I made such a bag for my game myself. I just got a couple of meeples in all the colors and had a black bag to draw from.
This was meant for the same purpose, but I did not use it once!
whistle

So I was really surprised to see this in the expansion.
Did anybody ever use this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
JoergBoerg wrote:

Did anybody ever use this?

I am certain I will use it in the games I play with the Factions for auction option. But I expect to need quite a few more games before I am experienced enough to want to do so. (And all other players need to also be experienced TM players, of course.)

JoergBoerg wrote:
Terry Mystica

Funny, that is a typo I have also caught myself making surprisingly often when typing "Terra Mystica". Do you touch-type with 10 fingers as well? I think it has to do with the German keyboard layout (with the y under the a) and the fact that the y coming up 2 letters later is already present in my mind...

By the way, Jörg, Terra Mystica is really popular at Spielkultur these days, there have often been 2 or even 3 simultaneous tables! You would love it - and so do I!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darador wrote:
JoergBoerg wrote:
Terry Mystica

That's a cool nickname!
My name is Mystica, Terry Mystica! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolster IEM
Antarctica
Connecticut
msg tools
mb
does anybody use it to draw bonus and score tiles?

i had always wanted to use the blue crown royal bag for that, but was always too drunk and thus forget to bring it with me when I'd drive to my friend's place

*that's drunk with excitement for playing TM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seleCT wrote:
does anybody use it to draw bonus and score tiles?

Yep, it totally works for all the blind draws during game setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.