3 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Who are the imbalanced Krosmasters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I read numerous times that there seem to be a few imbalanced Krosmasters, yet no-one ever specified who they are.

Can someone help me out and tell me what's supposed to be imbalanced in this gaming system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:
So I read numerous times that there seem to be a few imbalanced Krosmasters, yet no-one ever specified who they are.

Can someone help me out and tell me what's supposed to be imbalanced in this gaming system?

I think it is exaggerated but tournament players were for the longest time favoring a Nox/Dark Goultard combination. Then anyone with summons was considered overpowered for a while. Then.. you get the point it is cyclic as people discover new combinations and people eventually find counters to those countered, counters, that have been countered...

Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan smith
msg tools
The most common team consists of one level 6 character and then various lower level characters. The format is called the tent pole. Taking out the supporting units is one way to defeat it. Its advantage is that it garners a lot of kamas which you then use to bolster your key figure. Your key level 6 figure is then capable of killing anything. My own list has a 6, a 3 and then 3 1s. More common is 6,2, and 4 1s or 6 and 6 1s. There has been a change of late and I am seeing fewer Nox teams. Nox and Captain Amakna are still a popular combo though.

Maneuver is an important part of the game and thus Luke is a common model for helping getting the tent pole up the field.

The awards are often the key to the game and getting the right one can be a game winner. All level 6 characters are powerful. Some players choose a level 5 instead to beef up support. I suggest you look at Youtube and watch a number of sample games if you are unsure of what team you want to run. The big problem with the game is that 4 level 3s will usually lose and none have enough staying power on their own. This is a normal outcome of a game where a character is fully effective till it dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.