Popular Tags: uk [+] [View All]
Paul Woolley
Wales
Pontypridd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Bit of a longshot this being relevant to anyone, but I'm running the uni Games Society againg this year so here I am plugging us once again.

Last year I actually had a reply, so I figure it's worth a second shot.

The society itself and campus based stuff is student-only, but we also meet in the Otley Arms every Wednesday evening for CCGs and Boardgames, which is open to whoever (But 18+ since it's a pub).

We cover all the usual stuff - Boardgames, Card games, CCGs, RPGs, Live-Action.

If you do happen to be in Pontypridd, feel free to call in.

For more info, email me on wooltech@ yahoo.co.uk or see our (still under construction) website at gamesoc.glamsu.org.

Cheer,
\/\/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Gosh, is it that time of the year already?

Last year it sounded more like CCGs than boardgames. This year it sounds even more varied.

How popular are boardgames at the Wednesday meetings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Woolley
Wales
Pontypridd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It varies. While there's a group who turn up only to play ccgs, several of us are there for boardgames or just to chat.

It really depends on who turns up and wants to do what.

The pub meeting things are mostly ccgs with normally a few people playing boardgames. RPGs, LRP, etc is all at seperate, specific times and places.

Wednesday the 4th is the first get-together for new student members so we'll see who's interested.

There are usually a few boardgames floating around, and if you wanted to turn up with something you should be able to grab enough players. If you plan to come down, let me know in advance and I can make sure the boardgamers turn up.

P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dawson
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thats a bolt from the past. Not been there since I left in 1990 and it was still a Polytechnic.

In my day we had agroup of gamers playing on wed afternoons ( civ , cosmic encounter etc) and playing Killer across the campus......

and we spent all our time playing 4 player gauntlet on the arcde m/c downstairs in the eating area trying to make 10p last for a record time........

Blah, blah blah. Mars bars were 20 p ...... blah blah..... and a bottle of dog ( newcastle brown for the benefit of some) was 66p bottle on special night.......

my those were the days........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get meatier games like A Game Of Thrones going I'd be well up for popping along and giving it a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Well, that's 3 for Game of Thrones.

I think we run the risk of turning up with a full complement and having no chairs left for any students.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Woolley
Wales
Pontypridd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twas about 95 I started in the uni games soc. I moved away to get a proper job, decided that the grown-up world was no fun, and came back again. Wednesday afternoons died a death a couple of years back, but I'm hoping to pick them up again.

We have Game of Thrones in the cupboard, but no expansions - I'll bring it along. (Although I have a 30 mins walk, so feel free to bring you own copies. )There are quite a few of us always up for chunkier boardgames.

No idea how many people to expect today - I went to Amsterdam instead of Freshers Fair. (Tragically for a L5R tournament in Brussels, but hey ho.)

-Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.