Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lokking for games along those lines, Republic of Rome and Greyhawk Wars, fit some of the bill, looking if there are any where you are in command but have Generals that can be generated by game and improved on or any personnel within the, with longevity to the games, scenerios, campaigns, like Ambush style, thank you for any responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Wow... empire building + character development + campaigns? I'm not sure anything really fits all these criteria. It would make for a great game though!

You might look through this Geeklist:

Grand Strategy with the fate of single Characters
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/14364

One of the games listed there might be sort of what you are looking for... maybe. As an example, I'll briefly discuss the one game from there that I am most familiar with:

Freedom in the Galaxy (science fiction)

* Empire building: in reverse... you're trying to topple an Empire (or prevent it from falling), not build one up from nothing.

* Character development: Lots of RPG-like character activity, but the characters do not get stronger except by finding new equipment, weapons, and spaceships.

* Campaign: Only a single game – not a series of linked scenarios – but the single game is very long, highly detailed, and very immersive. If you played once a week for 3 hours it would probably take you two months to complete the game, so it kind of has the feel of a long campaign game.

* Not really suitable for solitaire play, as both side have lots of vital hidden information that they must keep secret from the opposing player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.