GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all I was going to order the sailor card and the only place where I can find it is the portal site for $3.00 is this any different than the Zman base game character cards? If so, what's different?

Anyways I am also new to the game how many characters are available now? I saw 4 for the base game, the sailor, and the missionary from HMS Beagle expansion.

What expansions should I get to start? Which ones are even still available? I saw the beach cards on the portal site too. Are these offered by Zman?

Thank you! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need any expansions to begin. The base game has plenty of variety and replayability on its own. The extra beast cards, scenarios and Sailor add to that somewhat, but are certainly not necessary. If you enjoy it enough, you'll probably want to eventually get the Voyage of the Beagle expansion, but you can wait on that.

There are a few promos left in the BGG store as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
I saw the beach cards on the portal site too.

Just FYI, the Beach cards from Portal are different from the Beach cards in Voyage of the Beagle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone so much I'll just start with the base and see how it goes! Probably lots of death but also lots of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.