Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: City of Ancients vs Swamps of Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS for this sadly and really want to pick this up when it hits retail. Could anyone tell me the main differences between the two core set? Is it just the theme and the hero classes? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Everything I've seen so far is for City of Ancients, but I'm leaning more towards Swamps of Death (since there are undead).

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steelfyre wrote:
I missed the KS for this sadly and really want to pick this up when it hits retail. Could anyone tell me the main differences between the two core set? Is it just the theme and the hero classes? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Everything I've seen so far is for City of Ancients, but I'm leaning more towards Swamps of Death (since there are undead).

Thanks in advance!

yeah just heroes and theme really. the encounters and personal items are different, and some differences in the gear deck but fairly minor. some encounter differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also different monster types with tentacles being the only common monster type.
The other world side of the tiles is different, mines side is the same.
Speaking of which the mines missions are fairly same in both boxes but the other world quests are different.

I guess it comes down to which hero classes you like and theme of the other world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thanks for the help guys. I prefer the classes in Swamps so I'll use that as the deciding factor. Hopefully hero expansions are released in the future like with Touch of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Steelfyre wrote:
OK thanks for the help guys. I prefer the classes in Swamps so I'll use that as the deciding factor. Hopefully hero expansions are released in the future like with Touch of Evil.

We know from the kickstarter that the following Heroes will be released to retail over the next few years:
Prospector, Orphan, Drifter, Gambler, Darkstone Shamen, Jargono Tribal Warrior, Doctor

Currently it appears these are planned to be released as single Hero sets with a figure for each sex [plus a Bear with the Shamen]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Steelfyre wrote:

We know from the kickstarter that the following Heroes will be released to retail over the next few years:
Prospector, Orphan, Drifter, Gambler, Darkstone Shamen, Jargono Tribal Warrior, Doctor

Currently it appears these are planned to be released as single Hero sets with a figure for each sex [plus a Bear with the Shamen]

Woot, awesome! The more heroes the better. For anyone who has the Outlaw class, does he come with an upgrade tree sheet, or is that in a book somewhere? I see some for sale online but it doesn't mentioning anything about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Steelfyre wrote:

Woot, awesome! The more heroes the better. For anyone who has the Outlaw class, does he come with an upgrade tree sheet, or is that in a book somewhere? I see some for sale online but it doesn't mentioning anything about that.

Outlaws should come with a double sided stat card, a double sided A4 sheet with the upgrade tree on one side and the upgrade chart on the other and a small deck of cards [Starting Ability Cards:Hitman, Outlaw Charm, Reckless and Starting Gear Cards: Bandana, Outlaw Pistol, Outlaw Pistol, Sawed-Off Shotgun]

Currently they don't come with figures since those are shipping in Wave 1.5 or 2.

They were bundled with the four promo gear cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.