Subject: Neutral Plantations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the rules state that if a plantation tile loses all of its crop markers that it becomes a neutral tile for anyone to use.

We're having trouble figuring out how neutral plantations are claimed, though. My best guess is that during the plantation tile placement phase the players on their turns have the option to place crop markers on neutral tiles. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
No ....

IIRC, they are just neutral.

This happens on the turn after the last crop marker is removed.

If the tile is watered before the end fo the next round, it just sits there with no cubes on it.

All it will do is increase the size of the area (and therefore the points) that it is in, therefore it can be "used to score extra points" by anyone.

N.

PS - This is all from memory. Perhaps someone will come along and confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Crop markers may never be added to an existing tile. A "neutral" tile -- one with no crop markers -- may still form part of a larger plantation of similar crop tiles, and thereby be used at game end by those players who have crop markers on other tiles in the same plantation.

Edit: And as Nick said, the neutral tile stays on the board only if it is irrigated.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules to quote handy, but if a tile loses all its markers, it becomes barren. It is flipped to the "dry" side and can NOT be used by anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
I don't have the rules to quote handy, but if a tile loses all its markers, it becomes barren. It is flipped to the "dry" side and can NOT be used by anyone.

Not quite. If the tile loses its last crop marker, then it spends the next turn crop-side up without any markers on it. If it is irrigated during this next turn, then it will remain on the board crop-side up, but with no crop markers on it (a neutral tile). If instead it doesn't get irrigated during this next turn, then it is flipped over to its desert side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification guys. I actually talked with my buddy and we figured this out together.

My problem was that I wasn't understanding how a neutral plantation without crop markers helped anybody, but now I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil is correct....remember if at the very end of the game any tile not irrigated is dried up regardless if it has workers on it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes a tile turn neutral? lust for gold? Power? Or is it born with a heart full of neutrality?

Either way, it works just as Phil said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, thanks Phil. Someone may irrigate the tile before it becomes desert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.