Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the pit window, and fuel deck is for the Road Course?

Also for what its worth I would change the text in "High in the Turn" to "Off Track Excursion", or "Playing in the Gravel".

--Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played with hand size and draw deck size the same as Superspeedway. It simulates the Road course action very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you use a 75 lap pit window? Seems rather long for a 90-110 lap race. But then again, I'm not sure how many stops a standard road course race would normally have.

--Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I did a little research on line and found this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=bm-roadstrategy0624...

From it I think I will do the following for the Road Course Deck:

Fuel deck: 20 cards
Pit window: 40
Hand size: 7
Actions: 3
Laps lost to green flag pitting: 0

Of course its not a very good simulation of going back in the field, where you would get buried behind back markers, no Blue Flags like in F1 to allow the leaders to keep advancing.

--Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you scroll down to the links for the "2005 GCOM McGartlin Motorsports Tournament" you can check the race reports for the 2-3 times we used the Road Course during the season to see what pit windows and tire wear numbers we used. None as I recall came with the rules, although it did clearly state, like the SuperSpeedway, you go with the base 7-card hand, 3 actions, draw 3, plus one to each for each of the special cards.

I think whatever windows we chose for our series were generally tied to the length of the race, such that you were guaranteed at least two pit stops, the thinking being that a lucky or bad break on one stop would not necessarily make or break the race. I am pretty sure the race distances were based on the total lap counts for the two real-life NASCAR road courses, which unless they have changed recently were 75 for Sonoma (Sears Point) and 90 for Watkins Glen.

In our series, to simplify matters, we always said a green flag pit stop cost you a lap versus the field, plus any seconds in addition to the perfect 16.0 pit time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to apologize that the link mentioned in the above post no longer works due to the fact that I transferred my email from earthlink to comcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, someone informed me that there is something called archive.org such that the old webpage can still be found at the following:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070104133949/home.earthlink.net...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.