GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,322 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Should this card generally go into the Crossfire Deck, or is it only used with Close the Portal?

I've downloaded the Close the Portal PDF from catalyst's website, and printed this photo out as a proxy for using just with that scenario, but I'm wondering if it works as a general CF card.

Also, does anyone know of any plans of releasing this card in the BGG store, or anywhere else that it could be reasonably acquired?
Anyone have a copy they're willing to part with?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems really gentle for a crossfire card - pass a card and get extra karma. I don't think it would be balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
x
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This seems pretty in line for the weaker crossfire cards. It lines up pretty well with the "everyone uninjured takes one damage; everyone staggered gains one health" or the "X player picks a person to take one damage and gain the top card of the black market deck". Both of these offer a team quite a bit more reward than pain under most circumstances. There are helpful or neutral Crossfire cards; they're just not the ones that make an...impression.

Interestingly, we play Close the Portal occasionally, and we still aren't sure about the intention of interaction with the ability to pre-buy cards from the black market. Do you swap one card AFTER you make the buy? One game, this really hurt our Mage, who was able to buy a death touch but then it went into the Street Sam's deck and by bad luck, his only mana card went to the Face. What a waste!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.