aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
Hi there

I was playing the 4th scenario in the first adventure, the one in which you search for shipwrecks while the brim dragon tries to do the same.

In that scenario you only win if you permanently close all locations.

The Harbor was the last location left open (just happened ), and when I defeated the henchman, I did not know what to do... to close it, you need to shuffle a card from your hand in another open location... but there was none.

Is it really intended that you cannot close that location, in that particular scenario, if you leave it open till the end? :S

I had plenty of turns left (around 8), the four characters had some allies and blessings in hand, and the deck was mostly boons at that point, so I could have potentially explore it completely, empty it, and then stay there, doing nothing till the blessing deck run out of cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the exact wording on the card?

If it is worded the way you mentioned, then I'd say the golden rule kicks in and you completely ignore that part of the instruction.

Rules wrote:
RULES: THE GOLDEN RULE
If a card and this rulebook are ever in conflict, the card should be considered correct. There is one exception to this: When the rulebook uses the
word “never,” no card can overrule it. If cards conflict with one another, then Adventure Path cards overrule adventures, adventures overrule
scenarios, scenarios overrule locations, locations overrule support cards, support cards overrule characters, and characters overrule other card
types. Despite this hierarchy, if one card tells that you cannot do something and another card tells you that you can, comply with the card that
tells you that you cannot. If a card instructs you to do something impossible, like draw a card from an empty deck, ignore that instruction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like the Ambush card with no monsters left in the deck. No ambush, banish card, carry on. In this case, free closure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Just like the Ambush card with no monsters left in the deck. No ambush, banish card, carry on. In this case, free closure!
hehe free closure, I wish other things in live could get the same treatment Thanks both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The best closure I have seen so far was one where you had to draw & encounter a random barrier from the box. I had Merisiel temporarily close it 3-4 times - chests of weapons, armour, items... Do we really have to end this scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Harbor just says to choose an open location, not an "other" open location. So you'd have to put a card into the Harbor, then close it, and end up banishing your card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it lacks the word "other" I'd have to agree with M Edwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
medwards wrote:
The Harbor just says to choose an open location, not an "other" open location. So you'd have to put a card into the Harbor, then close it, and end up banishing your card.

Yup. This. ^^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.