Hide
1 Posts

Kardinal & König: Das Kartenspiel» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Next up was Kardinal & Konig - Das Kartenspiel or, for those not fluent in German, Web of Power – The Cardgame.

This is a game that is available on the web, just download it, print it out and paste up the cards. I printed out the card graphics on my color printer on full page sticker paper, cut out the cards and stuck them on a deck of small (Bicycle 404) playing cards. The other markers I printed out and pasted on some thin cardboard and then cut them out. To do all this took me about an hour.

Playing the game is fairly simple. All the cards are dealt out face up into four rows. Each of the cards belongs to a certain country which should be familiar to Web of Power fans – Frankreich, Bayern, etc, with a few new ones. There are a number of cards for each country, some have more than others.

This is basically a set collecting game – the idea is if you get the most cards of a particular country, you get the number of points equal to the total number of cards in the country. Scoring for second and third, etc, is like Web of Power – the second place player gets the number of cards the first place player has, and so one down the line. There are other scoring possibilities by using other symbols that are on the cards.

In addition, there are some tokens that are placed down on a number of cards. If you pick up a card with a token you get to use that token. Some of them are good, like the one allowing to you to pick up more cards. Or they can be bad, deducting you victory points.

On a player’s turn he can pick up usually one or two cards from the ends of the rows and put them in from of him. You also have the option of putting a chip on one of the untaken cards which helps reserve that card for you by making it difficult for other players to get it.

After all the cards are taken, the victory points are totaled up and the player with the most wins.

Our game was fairly close with all of us keeping one eye on the untaken cards and the other one what the other guys had taken. In the end, I came out victorious.

Score:

*Rick* - 53
William – 46
Dan – 42

Ratings:

Rick – 6
William - 5
Dan – 6

I think we all found the game just a bit too dry. I didn’t think I’d ever complain about this in a game, but having all the information at the beginning of the game with barely any randomness, just made it too uninteresting – too much of a cerebral exercise instead of fun. We’ll have to give it another go to see if our impression improves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.