Vote Nope
msg tools

Sorry in advance if this is posted somewhere that I have not seen;

So i’ve played the game for a while and things seem to go quite well. Then it occurred to me. I have a few cards in my character deck that state “Banish this card ….” So here are two examples

1.) In my hand, i have Ameiko Kaijitsu.
— Banish this card to add 1d6 to your check

2.) And this Location B “General Store” states “When closing” Banish a card from your hand

I understand that both of these are “Banish” actions and to banish the cards. The confusion is, after I complete the scenario I need to rebuild my character deck. If I banished Ameiko Kaijitsu and the when closing card I’m now at 13 cards. So let’s say I complete the scenario with success, I’m now at 13 of the 15 cards I need to reset the character deck at the end of the scenario or adventure.

So, do I follow the rules, banish her and that when closing card to the box and I’m now 2 less cards in my character deck going forward until I succeed at a check to gain another ally or card (whatever that card type banished when closing) in my next scenario or adventure. Or, do I just place her and that card off to the side like a “Bury” of some degree and then put them back in my character deck at the end of that scenario/adventure(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules p19 wrote:
If you can’t construct a valid deck from the cards your group has
available because you don’t have enough of certain card types,
choose the extra cards you need from the box, choosing only
cards with the Basic trait. After you begin the adventure The Hook
Mountain Massacre, you may ignore the Basic trait restriction;
instead, you may use any cards in the box from the base set and
the Character Add-On Deck, as well as any cards from an adventure
whose adventure deck number is at least 2 lower than the adventure
you’re currently playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zugtara wrote:

Sorry in advance if this is posted somewhere that I have not seen;

So i’ve played the game for a while and things seem to go quite well. Then it occurred to me. I have a few cards in my character deck that state “Banish this card ….” So here are two examples

1.) In my hand, i have Ameiko Kaijitsu.
— Banish this card to add 1d6 to your check

2.) And this Location B “General Store” states “When closing” Banish a card from your hand

I understand that both of these are “Banish” actions and to banish the cards. The confusion is, after I complete the scenario I need to rebuild my character deck. If I banished Ameiko Kaijitsu and the when closing card I’m now at 13 cards. So let’s say I complete the scenario with success, I’m now at 13 of the 15 cards I need to reset the character deck at the end of the scenario or adventure.

So, do I follow the rules, banish her and that when closing card to the box and I’m now 2 less cards in my character deck going forward until I succeed at a check to gain another ally or card (whatever that card type banished when closing) in my next scenario or adventure. Or, do I just place her and that card off to the side like a “Bury” of some degree and then put them back in my character deck at the end of that scenario/adventure(s)?

After you complete a scenario if you are short cards after checking extras from all characters you can pull cards you need from the box up to two "levels" lower than the adventure you are on. E.g. If you are in three you can pull ones, otherwise just B/C. Hawk moon will probably explain it better but the point is you don't end up short handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, ending up short a few cards can be a blessing in disguise, as it lets you handpick the new cards...especially useful in Adventures 3-6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vote Nope
msg tools
Eiriken wrote:
The rules p19 wrote:
If you can’t construct a valid deck from the cards your group has
available because you don’t have enough of certain card types,
choose the extra cards you need from the box, choosing only
cards with the Basic trait. After you begin the adventure The Hook
Mountain Massacre, you may ignore the Basic trait restriction;
instead, you may use any cards in the box from the base set and
the Character Add-On Deck, as well as any cards from an adventure
whose adventure deck number is at least 2 lower than the adventure
you’re currently playing.

Thank you so much for the pg number, as well as the reply =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vote Nope
msg tools
kittenhoarder wrote:
In fact, ending up short a few cards can be a blessing in disguise, as it lets you handpick the new cards...especially useful in Adventures 3-6.

I see this as a blessing now too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vote Nope
msg tools
Quote:
After you complete a scenario if you are short cards after checking extras from all characters you can pull cards you need from the box up to two "levels" lower than the adventure you are on. E.g. If you are in three you can pull ones, otherwise just B/C. Hawk moon will probably explain it better but the point is you don't end up short handed.

Thanks for the reply!!! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:

Just remember the part that the party has to be short in a certain type. It is not enough that you yourself are missing cards (unless you are playing solo with 1 char). If you banished an item, and someone else in the party acquired a new one, you are left with one of the items of that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.