GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BattleTech: Alpha Strike» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special Weapons... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just kind of confused over the way these things work. I'm pretty sure that in the rules it states that you can choose to use one of the weapon special abilities (like the Autocannon on a Hunchback for example) but it has to be INSTEAD of the main weapon attack. Now most of the time these alternate weapons do significantly less damage than the main attack so is the only purpose of these to use the special ammunition like the armour piercing rounds or heat seekers?

I'm wondering if I've missed a rule somewhere that allows you to use extra weapons at the cost of one heat or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure is quiet around here!

Just in case anyone else is wondering about the answer, turns out it was already answered on the official Alpha Strike forums blush. Essentially there is no reason to use them under standard rules. Their only purpose is to fire the Special Ammunition used under the Advanced Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Davour
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarifying update when you found the solution. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.