D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming buddy of mine brought his Void Sirens to the local game store today and we faced off, human team vs. human team. He fielded his team using the Void Sirens rules but could have used them as regular Corporation. I fielded my team as regular Corporation. That gave him four coaching dice and zero cards in the game while I had two cards and one coaching die.

I drew first turn and set up in an aggressive offense, a guard and a striker on each flank and two jacks in reserve deep in my backfield. He responded by setting up a strong defense, guarding his goals and fielding his lone guard in a central spot up forward.

In the first half of the game, he quickly killed one of my strikers. In return I was able to take several of his players temporarily out of action by knocking them down via slamming. We had a scoring war, each of us getting in a goal every turn or two. I managed to get a 5 point lead with only a few turns left but he rallied and brought my lead down to only 2 points.

By game's end both of us had about half of our teams in the injury/bench spaces. He tried to use one of his Jack's Interference interrupt on one of my guards while he was in mid-slam. Fortunately, for me my guard was able to counter the interrupt and continue on with the needed slam. I was finally able to pull off a win but only by a couple of points. Both of us played aggressively the entire game but my dice turned out to be hotter than his. It could have gone either way at several points in the game, which I think shows how balanced some teams can be in a face-off.

As always, look forward to more games with my friend on the Dreadball pitch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice write up. I'm looking forward to getting a couple games inn myself on Tuesday. I should go back to using Corporation. I've been playing Judwan lately which gets kind of boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I get bored with Corporation BUT I like that they're good all-rounders. Sometimes you can get steamrolled by super specialty teams if you're also playing a super specialty team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.