6 Posts

Sails of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: Spanish ship Santisima Trinidad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kirchin
Canada
flag msg tools
I am really looking forward to the Spanish additions will we see the Santisima Trinidad ?I feel like it would be very interesting as a 130 gun ship and historically the most important Spanish ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Buckett
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quite a few of us would like to see the Santisima Trinidad as a special edition ship. However, Ares will need to balance the cost of a 'one of a kind' sculpt vs. the actual profit from sales of the ST to the SoG gaming public.

Ares has made an indication that they would like to produce the ST, but whether they can afford to remains to be seen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kirchin
Canada
flag msg tools
I know this is somewhat blasphemous but I would have no trouble having it cost an extra 5.00 or something to cover costs it is such an interesting historical ship and something a little different for the game. Having played War at sea I know how much the "big gun" ships attract the attention of the casual fans much easier then other units it would quickly become a favourite I think.

Having it as a special release with some spanish captain and admiral cards and some spanish specific flavour ability cards would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Buckett
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Azrael1983 wrote:
I know this is somewhat blasphemous but I would have no trouble having it cost an extra 5.00 or something to cover costs it is such an interesting historical ship and something a little different for the game. Having played War at sea I know how much the "big gun" ships attract the attention of the casual fans much easier then other units it would quickly become a favourite I think.

Having it as a special release with some spanish captain and admiral cards and some spanish specific flavour ability cards would be great.

Personally, I would expect to pay more and it would be similar to the Victory and Constitution special edition ships we'll be seeing early in 2015.

As I've suggested on the Anchorage forums doing the Santisima Trinidad as a Kickstarter project might be one way for Ares to go with this product idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kirchin
Canada
flag msg tools
Nightmoss wrote:
Azrael1983 wrote:

Personally, I would expect to pay more and it would be similar to the Victory and Constitution special edition ships we'll be seeing early in 2015.

As I've suggested on the Anchorage forums doing the Santisima Trinidad as a Kickstarter project might be one way for Ares to go with this product idea?

I think kickstarter would be a good idea as well to make sure it sells a certain amount.

I am hoping the designers weigh in here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite confident that this ship WILL release as a Special Pack, even if we don't have a scheduled release date yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.