Hide
2 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite» Forums » General

Subject: Whcih to get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex VM
msg tools
I have played some Cerberus games (LotR) and really liked the gameplay. As a fan of DC I want to get this game, but not sure if I should buy Heroes Unite or the normal game. I really like the Punch, Vulnerability, Kick and Weakness cards in HU, but the Superheroes and Supervillains are kind of meh (would totally buy Crisis for Animal Man tho). So, in gameplay, which is better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amirashika wrote:
I have played some Cerberus games (LotR) and really liked the gameplay. As a fan of DC I want to get this game, but not sure if I should buy Heroes Unite or the normal game. I really like the Punch, Vulnerability, Kick and Weakness cards in HU, but the Superheroes and Supervillains are kind of meh (would totally buy Crisis for Animal Man tho). So, in gameplay, which is better?

DC deck builder has been basically crack for my gaming group...still debating whether or not it's a good game, but we just keep playing it and playing it.

Original -- game is essentially bare-bones. It's light and easy but has a few decent combos that makes it's interesting...It's not a complicated set, but I like it because the super villains aren't killers

Heroes Unite -- a more advance deck that involves more pre-planning and harder super villains [don't ignore defense cards here]. Personally I love this deck as it adds other options for points [ex: power rings and a potential instant win w/ the Kyle card]]. The super villains are difficult. Biggest thing I hate about this deck is Saint Walker and Sciencell -- those cards are too cheap!

Crisis -- co-op is kind of fun, but a long game. Personally I like the variety in superhero's

Start with vanilla DC deck builder. It's the safe bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.