-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's frustrating enough that we have games that have had radically different presentations over the years all under a single game listing but I can at least understand the reasoning for that.

What I don't understand is why we can't at least CHOOSE the game title we want to be displayed when entering it as an item in a geek list the same way we can with the display picture.

If someone wants to sell a copy of the 20 year old Milton Bradley abstract game Quandary that featured chunky physical tiles it's ridiculous that the entry is going to carry the most recent Gryphon card game title Wildlife Safari.

Please give us a drop down list (like we have in the user information version field) or alternate title entry field (like we have for display image) so we can pick the relevant version of a game when adding it as a GeekList item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a problem for all kinds of Geeklists, not just auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
It's frustrating enough that we have games that have had radically different presentations over the years all under a single game listing but I can at least understand the reasoning for that.

What I don't understand is why we can't at least CHOOSE the game title we want to be displayed when entering it as an item in a geek list the same way we can with the display picture.

I wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion. Not because I'm after the exact same function, but because I think the Versions system should be given more place.

BGG should be centered on that the [games] are abstract entities, whereas the PHYSICAL PRODUCTS are the [versions].

So my suggestion should be that the suggestion (to be able to choose version title) should not only go for the Geeklists, but spanning the whole site. We need more focus on the versions, so that the games can stay being abstract entities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can rename the title of a game on the Game page, but unfortunately that does not (currently) carry through to a Geeklist.

For example, I have retitled Die Sieben Siegel as Die Steven Segal (which I see on my copy information), although since then the actual game has been rereleased as Zing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.