Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
My gaming group plays a lot of quick, teachable games like Hanabi and Love Letter, and I've been excited to buy Red7 since I learned of it a few weeks ago. Since I'm printing some custom card stuff in the near future, I decided to make myself a Red7 reskin with some extra theme and art, and tack it on to my next print order.

I thought I'd share a sample of it here for fun. Dunno how well the theme will work without having played it, but tried to get appropriate names for each color game.

The art for each number is the same, so the 1's are all just different colors of the Ant, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Updated with the card back and some tweaks to the images.

Note that in addition to theme I tried to make the minigame names somewhat sensical to help you remember what each one is (Ice Age -> all even cards are mammals, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That is pretty cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So good. I'm a big fan of your SotM Cauldron stuff and I'm pleased to see what else you can do.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, really nice. Looks much better then the 'plain' originals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:

Can we not do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great, very nice looking!

One thing I saw that is a minor quibble is that you have a bear on the mini game 'Pack Hunters', I'm no expert but I don't believe bears hunt in packs. But I do see that you also have it arranged by animal size going down the line so it works there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:

I am a big fan of the original art. Somehow that artistic/abstract theme is a boon when trying to teach it to my non-gamer friends and parents.

Somehow, the simple colour theme seems to remind them of Uno, but in a good way. (Not to mention, i reeeeeeally love that minimalist yet super colourful and evocative art.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Finally got this game in the mail yesterday (real and custom versions came the same day) and happy to say it got played all night. I feel much better about the time spent doodling the ecosystem art now (which was done before actually playing Red7, and based solely on enthusiasm).

danlicata wrote:
One thing I saw that is a minor quibble is that you have a bear on the mini game 'Pack Hunters'...
True. But each animal has to have each game on one of its cards, since the games correspond to colors. And what says win more than a pack of bears?

benjamintham wrote:
I am a big fan of the original art. Somehow that artistic/abstract theme is a boon when trying to teach it to my non-gamer friends and parents.
Totally agree. I like having both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:

And what says win more than a pack of bears?

True! You should post a pic I'd love to see the finished product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Quick low-res image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:
Quick low-res image.

Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.